PDA

View Full Version : Saved Game Location

felsig49
05-18-14, 11:05 PM
I have not played for a while as I need a new computer which has arrived.
I installed SH4 but would like to copy my progress to the new computer. In the load screen it lists the saved game but doesn't load them. Does any one know where they are stored? I am moving from a 32 bit XP system to a Win 7 Pro 64 bit system. I would prefer not to have to redo the time I have spent in the career I had been playing.

Thanks.

fireftr18
05-18-14, 11:08 PM
Save game files are under the sh4 directory in My Documents.

Pisces
05-19-14, 06:24 AM
Make sure you have the exact same mod-loadout, and in the exact same order. Or else you'll not have much use of your savegames.

Snarf
05-19-14, 02:04 PM
BTW, this is the location of the files if you wish to tamper with your renown, crew abilities, etc.:arrgh!:

Tombomsee
05-31-14, 06:45 AM
I have not played for a while as I need a new computer which has arrived.
I installed SH4 but would like to copy my progress to the new computer. In the load screen it lists the saved game but doesn't load them. Does any one know where they are stored? I am moving from a 32 bit XP system to a Win 7 Pro 64 bit system. I would prefer not to have to redo the time I have spent in the career I had been playing.

Thanks.

Usually the save games are stored here :
c:\Users\[username]\Documents\SH4\data\cfg\SaveGames\

merc4ulfate
05-31-14, 09:58 AM
Usually the save games are stored here :
c:\Users\[username]\Documents\SH4\data\cfg\SaveGames\

Unless your a good little computer student and never allow your "My' anything folders to be on your system drive.

My Documents, pictures, videos and all the rest created by the system resides on a separate hard drive instead of where the system drive is located. My OS drive can die and I do not lose anything that way.

X:\Documents\SH4

Pisces
06-01-14, 09:04 AM
Even external drives can die. In my experience, USB connected drives are more prone to corruption due to potentially premature disconnection. So your savegames are not very much safer.

merc4ulfate
06-01-14, 10:19 AM
RAID