PDA

View Full Version : Major Problem Need Help!!!

Kelcom
05-17-14, 02:32 PM
CPU:
laptop
Intel Core 2 Duo P7350
Windows 7 64 bit
Nvidia Geforce GT 130M

The game used to run fine.
It's been several years since I last played SH4 so the other day I decided to fire it up. I launched it and found that the entire game is running on a really high resolution or something so only the upper left corner of the game screen is visible. The whole game has somehow scooched down a bunch and is zoomed in on the corner. I can navigate the main menu, (barely) but only the "back" button is visible when I try and launch missions. and I can't change the resolution in game because the "accept" button lies somewhere below my screen.
I've tried everything I can think of to try and fix this problem. Nothing seems to work. Manually changing the resolution through properties, or changing it in the files. I've searched the web many times but no ones else seems to have this problem. I thought that maybe there was some mod that I had stuck in there that messed things up, but I couldn't reinstall the game because I have long since lost the disks. So I bought it again on steam, downloaded it, and launched it. and to my utter horror the exact same problem was occurring.
The ubisoft logo and the movie at the beginning both run correctly.
But the game itself is a disaster
I'm completely lost.

Thank you for your help.

Phrozin
05-17-14, 02:56 PM
Manually changing the resolution through properties, or changing it in the files.

Do any other games have this behavior? The files you changed to adjust the resolution, was it "Documents \SH4\data\cfg\main.cfg"? If it was, did you have all 4 settings in the one line? As an example: 1024,768,60,22
Or 1920,1080,60,22.

relfin
05-17-14, 03:00 PM
Try to edit the resolution manually in main.cfg file. Go to the video part and enter the resolution you need to display the game correctly. I have not personally tried this but I found this on the Ubisoft Forum.

My Documents\SH4\data\cfg\main.cfg

[VIDEO]
Resolution=1440,900,75,22
DynamicShadows=Yes
FullScreen=Yes
Synchronized=Yes
TextureResolutionHigh=Yes

Kelcom
05-17-14, 03:16 PM
No this is the only game that has this issue.
Thanks! I've been toying around with all that but it hasn't worked...
Something seems to be overriding those files though because even leaving them blank changes nothing.

relfin
05-17-14, 03:20 PM
Can you change the config file so SH4 runs in windowed mode? Then you can try to resize the window and then adjust the resolution within the game.

Kelcom
05-17-14, 03:27 PM
There must be yet another copy of SH4 floating around somewhere that's somehow conflicting with this version. Because even deleting that file doesn't change anything.

Quite the mystery.

Aktungbby
05-17-14, 03:45 PM
Kelcom! after a (almost 4 year) long silent running; Help should arrive shortly!:Kaleun_Salute:

Phrozin
05-17-14, 04:04 PM
are you using an external display with your laptop? If so, try starting the game and then unplugging it and reconnecting it.

Kelcom
05-17-14, 04:30 PM
It worked!!!!! :D

I live at a beach resort so I had to get into the office to steel a monitor. But I hooked it up and it rescaled!
Thanks Guys! :subsim:

Jimbuna
05-18-14, 04:28 AM
SINK EM ALL!! http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/8636/cdw.gif (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/856/cdw.gif/)