PDA

View Full Version : Time of Day Broken

Caption Ranker
05-06-14, 08:16 PM
Hello everybody.

I'm having a strange problem in my Silent Hunter 4 game where the time of Day seems to be all wrong. No matter what time of year it is, it seems like the sun doesn't even come up until around 10:00AM, and when it dose come up 10AM ends up looking like 6AM.

I don't know why this is happening, and it happens if mods are enabled or not so I'm not really sure what to do.

Any help?

razark
05-06-14, 08:25 PM
I'm guessing you're about four timezones west of your home port.

The game doesn't take into account timezones. If you leave from Pearl Harbor and patrol off Japan, you'll end up with the sun not matching the clock.

Caption Ranker
05-06-14, 08:28 PM
Oh, that makes a lot of sense... thank you very much. Too bad their isn't a way to adjust time for timezones, that was driving me nuts.

fireftr18
05-06-14, 08:50 PM
The clock stays on home base time. I remember reading somewhere that it's historically accurate.

BigWalleye
05-06-14, 09:26 PM
The clock stays on home base time. I remember reading somewhere that it's historically accurate.

IIRC, it was at the captain's discretion. I seem to recall O'Kane (I think) mentioning that one of the boats in a wolf-pack was on Pearl time and another was local. Added another layer of confusion.

Admiral Halsey
05-06-14, 10:09 PM

Makes me wish the kept the clock of SH3 where it not only gave you home port time but also local time.

ETR3(SS)
05-07-14, 07:56 AM
IIRC, it was at the captain's discretion. I seem to recall O'Kane (I think) mentioning that one of the boats in a wolf-pack was on Pearl time and another was local. Added another layer of confusion.
I think that was part of the reasoning of shifting to GMT or Zulu