Admiral8Q
04-06-14, 03:45 AM
Where? Where? :o

Snarf
04-07-14, 07:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/user/Subsim here, here!:up:

Bothersome
04-08-14, 03:14 PM
These were some of the best submarine videos of WW2 I've seen as far as short documentaries. Thanks much for posting the heads up and link.

There were some pretty good actors across the series like DeForest Kelly (Bones from Star Trek), Russell Johnson (Professor from Gilligan's Island), Dean Martin (various movies), among a few others. All were well done and seemed to portray the roles they played very well.

The series didn't portray the exact procedures used at the time but I guess during it's writing, they didn't want to give away too many secrets to the public as to the operations of a submarine in the US Navy. Still, a very good compilation of US Sub ops in the Pacific. Plenty of suspense with a sprinkling of emotion. Some make you laugh and some make you cry and some just amaze. Well worth the time to watch them all.

Admiral8Q
04-09-14, 04:40 PM
Nice!!!

Cheers! :()1:

Tombomsee
04-18-14, 02:43 AM
Marvellous :Kaleun_Cheers:
Thanks

Admiral8Q
04-20-14, 12:14 AM
I have spent days watching those 'The Silent Service" episodes.
My thank you also. :yeah: :salute:

Yes, I noticed that it's not entirely accurate, the same scenes are repeated through many episodes, but the acting was great and awesome. The spirit of what happened in the true stories. Yes the special effects were not the best. But damn I love this series now, I'm addicted to it. Having the actual people at the end was great, even if they were reading their lines.
:lurk: