PDA

View Full Version : question about engines damage

jpm1
03-30-14, 07:27 PM
Hi , i got all my engines damaged and seems they can't be repaired . so i have a question . first are they definitly damaged or not (pic) , if so is there an option to put emergency dinghies at sea after having scuttled the boat or to call for help by radio . i sent a report by radio but after 2 days no answer ..

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b264/jpm1/sh42014-03-3102-04-54-54_zps0e4207cb.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/jpm1/media/sh42014-03-3102-04-54-54_zps0e4207cb.jpg.html)

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b264/jpm1/th_sh42014-03-3102-05-04-99_zps7b54f320.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/jpm1/media/sh42014-03-3102-05-04-99_zps7b54f320.jpg.html)

Admiral Halsey
03-30-14, 07:43 PM
If the engines are 100% destroyed the can't be fixed. You've still got to left working so you should be able to make it back to port.

Dice Holder
03-30-14, 08:04 PM
if i am correct the game shows you have 4 engines but you only have 2 because correct me if im wrong the game uses the stuff from SH3 and uboats only have 2 engines

Admiral8Q
03-30-14, 08:14 PM
Get back to port on your two engines asap, jpm1. :o

Admiral Halsey
03-30-14, 08:16 PM
if i am correct the game shows you have 4 engines but you only have 2 because correct me if im wrong the game uses the stuff from SH3 and uboats only have 2 engines

No you still have two. Did you ever try to get the sub moving?

TorpX
03-31-14, 12:57 AM
It looks like you have 2 left, but the bottom line is that you can't move, so apparently not.

My understanding is that Dice Holder is right; the game really only gives you two engines, so it looks like your outta luck.

Admiral Halsey
03-31-14, 01:15 AM
Huh. Must be a bug that was fixed in the U-Boat expansion/patch as i've lost 3 engines and have still be able to make it back to base before.

ETR3(SS)
03-31-14, 07:44 AM
No it's not a bug, and no it hasn't been fixed in UBM. Not sure how you got three engines destroyed and still had 1 functioning engine but count yourself lucky.

Admiral Halsey
03-31-14, 09:21 AM
No it's not a bug, and no it hasn't been fixed in UBM. Not sure how you got three engines destroyed and still had 1 functioning engine but count yourself lucky.

Did any of the supermods fix it? Because i've lost two engines multiple times and i've always been able to return to base.

Fish40
03-31-14, 09:53 AM
Didn't Traveler's Mod address this issue to some degree?

Admiral8Q
03-31-14, 10:25 AM
Unless I'm missing something here, it's a Porpoise class sub, so with 2 engines you should still be able to move. If not, the crew may need to be re-arranged. If they are injured or dead, they can't operate the engines. If you're stuck at general-quarters, you may need to secure that, otherwise the crew gets overtired.

jpm1
03-31-14, 12:34 PM
i purchased U-boat addon but i couldn't install it cause it was bugguey , and i'm waiting Steam support answer right now . the boat couldn't move , it seems all engines stuff was badly damaged , i had to abandon the boat (exit mission) cause japs planes were dooming me to it . a scuttling option with a splash screen of a Catalina saving your crew would have been cool , but i couldn't manage to find such thing . my crew was the best repairing crew i could have at this stage of the game so if the engines didn't repair i think it's because it couldn't be done..

Admiral8Q
03-31-14, 01:34 PM
i purchased U-boat addon but i couldn't install it cause it was bugguey , and i'm waiting Steam support answer right now . the boat couldn't move , it seems all engines stuff was badly damaged , i had to abandon the boat (exit mission) cause japs planes were dooming me to it . a scuttling option with a splash screen of a Catalina saving your crew would have been cool , but i couldn't manage to find such thing . my crew was the best repairing crew i could have at this stage of the game so if the engines didn't repair i think it's because it couldn't be done..

I just bought SH4 and the U-boat add on. (again) If you use steam, then you should be able to download it again as long as you're logged into your account. It could be that you installed it incorrectly. Otherwise you may have malware on your computer. Don't always click the "ok" while installing. Watch it, they have legal ways of installing malware.

Snarf
03-31-14, 04:41 PM
So you don't have v1.5? if you did, that would be the saving grace, because you could go into the save file, make one of your CPO's have the special ability to repair destroyed items. You may still be able to 'fix' your engines through editing your save file, just find the values that control the amount of damage they currently have and tweak it, then reload your save game.

ETR3(SS)
04-01-14, 07:34 AM
Did any of the supermods fix it? Because i've lost two engines multiple times and i've always been able to return to base.That's very possible. From looking at the game files in the past on a stock game it only references two engines with the other two being null and therefore linked to the other engine. All that would need to be done is to create two new entries in the zones.cfg to address that issue.

merc4ulfate
04-01-14, 08:00 AM
If you were running the Traveller mods even destroyed items can be repaired ... (partially) also Traveller mods allows you a one time use per patrol to send an SOS and be towed back to port with a reduction of 400 renown points ...

... but you still survive to fight another day.