PDA

View Full Version : Restarting with SH4 Bug Questions

SQUAWK
03-26-14, 04:27 PM
Hi everbody!

I've started a new Campaign in SH4 and i'm on my 10! patrol..
Somewhere November 1944...

But then again like the years before : CRASH TO DESKTOP.
Evvveerryyytimmme.

And i am saving every 5 minutes on DIFFERENT Slots (so save1, save2 save3) etc. so that the savegames will not blow up.

Now it happend like everytime.

Every single savegame is broken.

So can i now defenetly delete SH4 from my HDD i've waited years to play but i don't want to start after every 4-5 patrol a new game just because of that bug.

Is there any solution avaible?

Sorry for my english

BigWalleye
03-26-14, 04:41 PM
Hi everbody!

I've started a new Campaign in SH4 and i'm on my 10! patrol..
Somewhere November 1944...

But then again like the years before : CRASH TO DESKTOP.
Evvveerryyytimmme.

And i am saving every 5 minutes on DIFFERENT Slots (so save1, save2 save3) etc. so that the savegames will not blow up.

Now it happend like everytime.

Every single savegame is broken.

So can i now defenetly delete SH4 from my HDD i've waited years to play but i don't want to start after every 4-5 patrol a new game just because of that bug.

Is there any solution avaible?

Sorry for my english

There are a lot of people who play SH4 on this forum, so there must be a solution. Clearly, everyone is not having a problem like yours.

So let's get some more information:

What mods are you using?

What is your hardware configuration?

What OS are you using?

Have you changed any mods?

Can you reload the last in-port save?

What was happening in that last patrol before the savegame CTD'd?

Are all previous saves for that patrol failing also?

How many are there? Do you have the 4 GB patch installed?

Are you using a Steam product or the Ubisoft game?

With enough information, the collected experience at this site should be able to figure out why you are having a problem. It's possible that a solution wouldn't be practical (i.e., buy a new PC.) But we should be able to figure out what's going wrong for you.

SQUAWK
03-26-14, 05:42 PM
Hello and thank you for your answer

I am using the STEAM Version (1.5) and WITHOUT mods.

I'm not able to load any of the savegames.

MY PC :

CPU : INTEL I7 2600 @ 3.4 GHZ
RAM : 8 GB RAM
GPU : Nvidia GT 530

BigWalleye
03-26-14, 06:34 PM
Just so I understand what you are saying: You have been able to load savegames in this career before. Suddenly, you can no longer load the savegames that were OK before that point. Is this correct?

Have you installed the 4 GB patch?

Does the GT 530 meet the minimum requirements for SH4? I suspect it does. I have a 540 M and SH4 runs fine. But I don't know the differences.)

Desertstriker has posted some tutorials about the Steam version of SH3 and the special handling it requires. I'll ping him to see if he thinks your problem might be Steam-related.

desertstriker
03-26-14, 07:16 PM
Hey I have seen a few things like this on the steam forums. The only similar issue I have come across on steam forums is caused by a memory leak. Another cause reported by a user is verifying the game cache.

My questions are have you verified your game cache?
Are you launching from steam or a desktop shortcut?