PDA

View Full Version : Auto & Manual TDC

CapnDon
03-24-14, 06:43 PM
Is there a way in SH4 to be able to switch back and forth between auto and manual TDC. I started out in auto, but as my campaign moves along, I am to the point of wanting to switch to manual. I cannot see how to do it. If I change the setting in Game Settings, after I load the saved game, it is reset.

mobucks
03-24-14, 08:27 PM
The changes only stick when applied from the options menu while in base between patrols. Meaning, in your office by clicking the radio by the window.

BigWalleye
03-24-14, 10:04 PM
OR go to your saved game files. In a folder called SH4 (or whatever you have named your game folder), you will find /Data/Cfg/GameplaySettings.cfg. The file contents will be

[Current]
LimitedBatteries=true
LimitedCompressedAir=true
LimitedO2=true
LimitedFuel=true
RealisticVulnerability=true
RealisticRepairTime=true
RealisticShipSinkingTime=true
ManualTargetingSystem=false
NoMapUpdate=false
RealisticSensors=true
DudTorpedoes=true
RealisticReload=true
NoEventCamera=true
NoExternalView=true
NoStabilizeView=false
NoNoiseMeter=true
NoWeaponOfficerAssist=false

[MiscSettings]
AlwaysAutotargeting=0,0,0,0,0;for warships, merchants, uboats, air and, respectively, land targets

Change ManualTargetingSystem=false to true. Change anything else you want. (I have no idea what the [MiscSetings] are all about.) Then load a saved game and the new settings will e in effect. Doesn't matter whether you are in the middle of a patrol or not. Just one thing: The new Realism (sic) percentage adjustment to your renown score will apply from that point on. You can't start a patrol at 100%, edit the GamepalySettings.cfg file to 20% and still get full credit for your sinkings. But if you increase the dfficulty, your score multiplier will be greater.

ReallyDedPoet
03-25-14, 07:07 AM
Hitman did a great tutorial on Manual Targeting :yep:

CapnDon
03-25-14, 12:16 PM
Good info. Thanks, shipmates. I am now ready to switch to manual targeting, but don't want to start the career all over again. This is all helpful.

ReallyDedPoet
03-25-14, 12:30 PM
Good info. Thanks, shipmates. I am now ready to switch to manual targeting, but don't want to start the career all over again. This is all helpful.

It's awesome, you will not regret it. Some good vids on YouTube as well :yep:

Here (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=sh4%20manual%20targeting&sm=1)

Nice thread here from Rockin Robbins: Here (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=146795)

captgeo
03-26-14, 07:28 AM
It's awesome, you will not regret it. Some good vids on YouTube as well :yep:

Here (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=sh4%20manual%20targeting&sm=1)

Nice thread here from Rockin Robbins: Here (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=146795)

thank you for the link's, most helpful for the new players and old salt's like me that have been on shore leave like me :Kaleun_Cheers:

ReallyDedPoet
03-26-14, 01:22 PM
Sure, good luck with it.

CapnDon
03-31-14, 04:20 PM
How do I gain access to it. I changed the read-only, but it insists that I be denied access to change it.

ReallyDedPoet
03-31-14, 06:12 PM
How do I gain access to it. I changed the read-only, but it insists that I be denied access to change it.

Sorry, access to what?

mobucks
03-31-14, 06:17 PM

Make sure you're in (myDocuments)\sh4\data\cfg

NOT C:\(gameinstallpath)

CapnDon
03-31-14, 07:03 PM
I am in the correct folder and working on the correct file. I can't modify it.

Warren Peace
03-31-14, 07:31 PM
That could result from not having appropriate account settings (such as not being an administrator, or your account not having 'Write' privileges), which is a Windows issue. It could also be caused by Windows UAC being a jerk (came as standard with all Win. versions post-Vista. I turned mine completely off).

This may seem like a silly question (but Occam makes me ask it anyway), you're not trying to alter the config file while the game is running, right?

merc4ulfate
03-31-14, 08:52 PM
Some mods disable the ability to change certain settings. They can be changed but once put to sea the mod uses the internal settings created by the modder.

Admiral8Q
04-03-14, 01:14 AM
Switching back and forth would be like switching from a a standard gear shift to and automatic. Then back to a standard. Then auto, or standard, no auto. Standard then? :roll: