PDA

View Full Version : increased visibility mod not working...

hunter301
03-16-14, 05:10 PM
Does anyone know why I can't get Webster's underwater visibility mod working.
I have unloaded it all into the mod folder and loaded it up using JSGME but I can't tell the difference.
Is there something else you have to do with the three separate visual range folders?

Snarf
03-16-14, 10:42 PM
When you use JSGME you need to pay attention to the folder tree, it should match exactly the folder tree in the game, if there is an extra or duplicate folder the mod will not work. I had this when I first downloaded the Iowa mod it wouldn't work, there was a folder USA_Iowa inside of another folder USA_Iowa, I deleted the extra folder and then the mod started working.

So just as an example the folder tree should go like this

MODS > [Mod Name] > data > submarine > NSS_balao > blahblahbalao.upc

not MODS > [Mod Name] > [Mod Name] > data > submarine > NSS_balao > blahblahbalao.upc

TorpX
03-16-14, 11:23 PM
Does anyone know why I can't get Webster's underwater visibility mod working.

I would look at the folder structure, as Snarf suggests.

If that's not it, it could be that you already have as good a visibility as the mod provides.

[If you are talking about Webster's Eliminate Floating Plankton mod, I believe it only takes out the plankton, it doesn't clarify the water. I could be wrong about this.]

hunter301
03-17-14, 07:37 AM
When you use JSGME you need to pay attention to the folder tree, it should match exactly the folder tree in the game, if there is an extra or duplicate folder the mod will not work. I had this when I first downloaded the Iowa mod it wouldn't work, there was a folder USA_Iowa inside of another folder USA_Iowa, I deleted the extra folder and then the mod started working.

So just as an example the folder tree should go like this

MODS > [Mod Name] > data > submarine > NSS_balao > blahblahbalao.upc

not MODS > [Mod Name] > [Mod Name] > data > submarine > NSS_balao > blahblahbalao.upc

Thanks...again I'll have to check this out when I get home.
Looks like I'm going to have to bring a copy of my base files to work every day so I can follow along with the forums.

ReallyDedPoet
03-17-14, 07:52 AM
I would look at the folder structure, as Snarf suggests.

I am guessing the above is it.

hunter301
03-17-14, 08:02 AM
BTW...just curious, how do you choose between the visibility mod you want?
You just put that particular folder only in the mod section?
Should JSGME be reading the three visibility mods separately or as one folder?

ReallyDedPoet
03-17-14, 08:25 AM
Like a lot of mods it's a matter of trying them out to find a preference.

In Webster's Main folder are three mods to choose from. One for 1.4, 1.5 and lastly one for the PE or Pacific Environment Mod. Keep in mind that the PE one will not work with 1.4, it is only made for 1.5.

In each of the mentioned options there are three choices of mods to pick from ( except for PE where there are four choices ), when choosing only pick one to put in the Mods Folder with JSGME, then activate :yep:

Here is a link from one of the stickies here to assist with Mod Installation: SH4 Master Thread: Popular Mods, Tools, Technical advice & Tactical tips: Here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/402710-MOD-Installation-Step-by-Step)