PDA

View Full Version : Question about "Sonar Target Fix" by Vickers03

TG626
03-08-14, 07:08 PM
This mod is rolled into Webster's Ship Maneuvering Fix (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=150164) - but when either the original mod, or WSMF are "on" the lables that show what you are listening to on the Sonar Gear is blank. No more "Merchant", "Warship" and so on below the numerical bearing.

Wondering why? And, I am wondering if it's possible to put them BACK.

I can see where it might be seen as a realism issue, but for me so long as the crew are going to keep saying "Warship! Bearing XXX! Moving away!" and so on, it should remain there...

(FWIW I have just discovered you can hear AIRCRAFT on sonar, WAY before they appear on radar otherwise. Sonar officer obviously can't, but I can when scanning manually.)

TorpX
03-09-14, 11:12 PM
(FWIW I have just discovered you can hear AIRCRAFT on sonar, WAY before they appear on radar otherwise. Sonar officer obviously can't, but I can when scanning manually.)

A little known Allied secret weapon, I guess. :03:

As far as fixing the sonar operation, I'm sure it can be fixed, but I don't know how. You would probably have to compare the relevant files to the stock articles (or whatever you were using) and look at what was changed.