PDA

View Full Version : Want to install another SH4

Den0
03-08-14, 04:24 PM
Can I just alter the name of where the new install is going when I run the setup.exe so it doesnt overwrite my game thats already under the default Ubisoft directory the installer tells it to install to?

cdrsubron7
03-08-14, 05:40 PM
Can I just alter the name of where the new install is going when I run the setup.exe so it doesnt overwrite my game thats already under the default Ubisoft directory the installer tells it to install to?

What you want is a little utility called MultiSH4 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=1110). It goes in your SH4 game folder or copies of it to install different mods. :up:

BTW, nice sig.

Den0
03-08-14, 05:47 PM
It wants a clean install to work it says and I have a Ubisoft version of the game and I have a steam version of the game. Both modder atm. I have the installer for ubisoft version was just wanting to make a new game so I could do TMO, OM and stock with RSRD slash test mods.

multish4 directions confuse me abit to be honest. I have read them a few times and I am just understanding it allows different save spots

I was wanting to run different mods for each install.. IDK :k_confused:

cdrsubron7
03-08-14, 05:59 PM
It wants a clean install to work it says and I have a Ubisoft version of the game and I have a steam version of the game. Both modder atm. I have the installer for ubisoft version was just wanting to make a new game so I could do TMO, OM and stock with RSRD slash test mods.

multish4 directions confuse me abit to be honest. I have read them a few times and I am just understanding it allows different save spots

I was wanting to run different mods for each install.. IDK :k_confused:

It will allow you to run all the different super mods, just with different versions in different folders. What it does is replace the original save folder that goes you your document folder.

What I do is use the original game install is a template. I put the MultiSH4 and the JSGME in the folder and then do a copy and past of the game files plus the JSGME and the MultiSH4 into a separate folder labeled TMO_2.5, if I was going to install TOM_2.5. Then go from there. :D

aanker
03-08-14, 06:54 PM
I use Multi-SH4 too, just as cdrsubron7 describes.

The initial install is not used, keep it 'clean'. Instead, copy the entire clean install and rename it, then use the copies.

So you could do:
C:\GAME_SH4\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific <-- your original clean install.
- and use the copies:
C:\GAME_SH4\GAME_GFO <-- GFO
C:\GAME_SH4\GAME_DUC <-- TMO 2.5
C:\GAME_SH4\GAME_RFB <-- RFB
C:\GAME_SH4\GAME_Mod <-- a personal modded install

Anything ever gets corrupted, just delete it and copy a new install from the first clean un-modded install. Making copies is so much easier than installing.

Hard Drives are so large nowadays that a few 6 GB copies if SH4 hardly make a dent in free space.