PDA

View Full Version : how do i modify the loadout in a submarine

Akotalaya
03-05-14, 07:18 AM
i know im making alot of posts but i have alot of questions..haha! anyway i have the kilo class submarine as a standalone from the CWSS pack, i was wondering how i could add in more modern torps, the ones it has loaded on board are...well...the most old fashioned torpedoes you can imagine and im pretty sure they at least had a basic homing torpedo, basically i wanna add in modern homing torps in the submarine and in the shop so that way i can keep them replenished, i was looking for a tutorial on how to do this but i couldn't come up with anything..so if someone could provide me with a link or at least point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated..maybe there's a mod out there that adds them for the kilo im not sure..thanks!

mikesn9
03-05-14, 08:01 AM
i know im making alot of posts but i have alot of questions..haha! anyway i have the kilo class submarine as a standalone from the CWSS pack, i was wondering how i could add in more modern torps, the ones it has loaded on board are...well...the most old fashioned torpedoes you can imagine and im pretty sure they at least had a basic homing torpedo, basically i wanna add in modern homing torps in the submarine and in the shop so that way i can keep them replenished, i was looking for a tutorial on how to do this but i couldn't come up with anything..so if someone could provide me with a link or at least point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated..maybe there's a mod out there that adds them for the kilo im not sure..thanks!

in port, drag an old torp to the left column(torpedo selection), then replace with what you want. next time when replentishing you'll get the new style again.
it hasorked this way for me a couple of times

Akotalaya
03-05-14, 08:43 AM
in projekt 636 your standard loadout when starting a career...the mark 16 torpedo...while ive read it did have pattern homing on it, these just run a straight line and i spend more time missing than hitting haha..i wouldent mind a torp that can hunt down a destroyer charging full ahead..the 16's just cant seem to do that, though there great for battleships..

Snarf
03-05-14, 05:43 PM
You could just up the speed and damage values on a cutie. I abused that ability until i got tired of it. I had 12000 yard @ 46 knot cuties that could take down a BB with two hits. Now after reading up on WWII subs I'm back to the original duds with much inspiration. BTW Thunder Below!, Clear the Bridge!, Wahoo, and Silent Running are essential reads for any SH4 player.

Also, refit, reload, then refit again before ending your patrol to keep your loadout in port.

Akotalaya
03-05-14, 06:21 PM
You could just up the speed and damage values on a cutie. I abused that ability until i got tired of it. I had 12000 yard @ 46 knot cuties that could take down a BB with two hits. Now after reading up on WWII subs I'm back to the original duds with much inspiration. BTW Thunder Below!, Clear the Bridge!, Wahoo, and Silent Running are essential reads for any SH4 player.

Also, refit, reload, then refit again before ending your patrol to keep your loadout in port.

would love to...problem is, im trying to get rid of the straight running mark 16 torps that come as the default loadout in the sub...