PDA

View Full Version : single missions

larrygene
02-24-14, 09:14 PM
How can I play the single missions that I have downloaded? for sh4 1.5 I cant find them when I put them in the
single missions folder.:wah:

any advice would be appreciated

thx Larry

Aktungbby
02-24-14, 09:27 PM
:salute:

CapnScurvy
02-24-14, 10:17 PM
larrygene, WELCOME to SubSim!!

It all depends on whether your mission downloads were JSGME compatible or not. If they were JSGME compatible, you would have put them into the "MODS" folder (its created by JSGME when you add the app to your game), and you "activate" them like any other mod. On the other hand, if they require you to copy/paste them directly into your games "Data/SingleMissions" folder you should check and see just what folder did you add? It could be you have duplicate folders in the SingleMissions folder....which will prevent the game from finding/using the mission.

I'm suspecting you have access to your main game file "Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific" by using Windows Explorer. Open the "Data" folder, next open the "SingleMissions" folder, the stock game mission folders are found there. The first stock mission folder is called "SM01 Battle of Midway"....open it. Notice it has three files in the folder:

SM01 Battle of Midway.mis
SM01 Battle of Midway.tga
SM01 Battle of Midway.tsr

This is how your downloaded mission folders should look (except they may not contain the .tga file. That's the image file that's shown when you open the Battle of Midway mission....not all downloaded missions will have an added picture to go along with the mission description screen). The two files that WILL be in the particular mission folder are the .mis file and the .tsr file.

So, the structure of the folders should look like this:

Data/SingleMissions/SM01 Battle of Midway/then the .mis and.tsr files

If your folder structure is not like this......there's your problem!

Could be your download has one main folder....named "MY SPECIAL MISSIONS" (or whatever); inside that folder are several additional mission folders (named Z,Y, and Z), then the two files (.mis and .tsr) come next, found in each of the "X",Y","Z" folders. Don't have the "MY SPECIAL MISSIONS" folder placed into the games "SingleMissions" folder....you need to copy/paste each of the "X", "Y","Z" folders directly into the SingleMissions folder for the game to find the .mis and .tsr files.

Jimbuna
02-25-14, 04:55 AM
Welcome to SubSim :sunny:

Webster
02-25-14, 04:43 PM
to add to what CapnScurvy said, the biggest problem with missions not showing up is they aren't named correctly so make sure all files are named the same exact way including the mission folder they are in.

some missions have an image file and will have three files in them but many just have two, the .mis and the .tsr files.

since you are talking about missions you downloaded it is most likely they may not be installed correctly so it would help if you said what missions you downloaded