PDA

View Full Version : Credit for Kill

RCMorea
02-22-14, 06:13 PM
Hello! Long, long, long time subsim player (like Gato and Silent Service). First time poster. I finally broke down and got a supermod--using Real Fleet Boat and finding it very nice.

Now I have just completed a successful attack on a convoy. Fired four torpedoes at a large freighter and dived without waiting around for results.

Part of the reason for firing four was that the convoy was deep and I figured misses might turn into lucky hits on something else.

As my boys and I are running silent and deep, hoping not to die, I get two reports of hits and two misses from my crew. No duds, due to the fish being Mk10s. Good enough, especially since the hits were very close together in time and "had" to be on the same target. Should be enough for a kill.

Now, I play with the external cam enabled but I don't use it during action. Once I am at (or below) test depth, running silent on my escape course, and nothing much left to do but see whether I live or die, I go up and have a look. There appear to be two ships hit. One is listing badly and I can't see the hole in her side anymore. The other has two holes--this was my original target.

Eventually, they both go down. On the map are drawn two red "ship sunk" icons, but I only get one "ship sunk" report and only one kill is claimed in the Captain's log.

So, apparently no credit for the second ship. The only previous comments I can find along these lines are for ships in harbors not deep enough to sink, or for ships that are respawns of ones you previously killed. Neither of these would appear to apply.

So, another possibility would be, does RFB only give you credit for targeted kills--no points for lucky shots? Just wondering...

Thanks,

RCM

TorpX
02-22-14, 08:29 PM
Welcome aboard! :salute:

RFB does not take away credit for ships sunk. Of that I'm sure.

I'm not sure why you would not get credit. The only thing I can think of, is that you torpedoed one ship (you get credit), and a trailing ship collided with it (no credit). Still, you did a nice job there, even if the game was tight fisted with the credit.

Good luck and good hunting.