PDA

View Full Version : Why do the detected enemy ships not always appear on the attack map?

Aggamemnon
02-11-14, 09:25 AM
Hi. I'm a newbie. Sometimes the attack map (the one where you can see your torpedoes running) shows the enemy ships and sometimes it doesn't. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks in advance.

Gunsilnger
02-11-14, 10:54 AM
I've had ships disappear and reappear on the map, they were hidden by other ships in the convoy so I lost visual contact, but I still had the sound contact. That a possibility?

Sniper297
02-11-14, 02:45 PM
Several possibilities, if you mean in different missions check to see if you have the box for "no map contact update" in the gameplay options unchecked. If you mean disappearing contacts sometimes there, sometimes not, that could be a number of things including waves washing over the periscope head. For high seas I usually click on the depth gauge to order it up a couple feet, IE periscope depth is 60 feet and the waves are so high I can't see more than half the time, bring her up to 58 feet. Or even 55, depends how high the waves are.

Aggamemnon
02-11-14, 06:31 PM
Thanks, guys! It was the "no map contact update" thing. I've just been playing for a couple days, but this sure seems like a great game.