PDA

View Full Version : Playable Merchant Ships

Add man
01-23-14, 07:45 PM
I've been searching the radio room for quite some time now, and most of the playable merchant ship links have been dead for years.

I already play with the USS Orion or the small oiler and the MS Goya, so please don't send me those. :dead:

Is anyone still alive out there who may be able to make merchant ships playable? Please reply as soon as you can. :wah:

Something like this:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQHEpfSnJ86jBHjrHvlZbG401I5apCAw B1U6_Q7V3KPQRYFn8D3

Admiral Halsey
01-23-14, 11:39 PM
Not trying to sound rude but why would anyone want to play as a merchant? They can't sink anything after all and they're cannon fodder to any warship that might appear.

Cybermat47
01-24-14, 01:16 AM
They can't sink anything after all and they're cannon fodder to any warship that might appear.

Exactly. It would be interesting to see things from the merchant's point of view.

TorpX
01-24-14, 01:53 AM
I wouldn't mind having some to play with, just to test the physics of the game.

Neptune#1
01-25-14, 01:37 PM
An interesting idea,trying to get goods from one port to another without getting sunk,might be fun,sure would be different.

Dread Knot
01-25-14, 03:08 PM
Meh. I can't see the appeal of commanding a wallowing 12-knot rust bucket. 99% tedium, 1% terror. Maybe.

I'll leave it to others to trade in Silent Hunter IV for Bauxite Hauler I.