PDA

View Full Version : strange mouse problem

yellbird
12-27-13, 05:08 PM
Had a problem with computer and finally fixed it, now I have a strange problem. When playing SH4 I can't get mouse to go to + - to speed up time, in fact if I move the mouse arrow to lowest point on the game screen the game will shrink and go to the Task bar, if I click on it will open again and can't solve problem.
Would appreciate any help

Thanks

jscharpf
12-27-13, 06:59 PM
Just a shot in the dark but I recently purchased a Logitech mouse and even though Windows 7 recognized it, I had some strange (similar) issues until I downloaded the Logitech driver. I don't really like having that extra icon in the tray but it solved my problems.

Also, can you go to the control panel and try calibrating it?

Is it a standard USB mouse or wireless?

merc4ulfate
12-27-13, 08:29 PM
uncheck play, "windowed", in the game preferences.

I would also use the keyboard shortcuts for actions and manuvers. It is much faster than using a mouse.

On your keyboard it is the "minus" and "plus" keys on the number pad.

I use the mouse for looking, changing stations and drawing on the charts. I use the keyboard for everything else.

When a bomber is screaming down at you dropping a load of happy turds on you hitting that "C" key is much faster than moving a mouse around and finding the crash dive button.

yellbird
12-27-13, 10:44 PM
Got it fixed, for whatever reason my monitor screen resolution was set to 2560x1440 so I changed it to 1920x1080 and that did the trick, don't ask me why that did it as long as it did.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions, as for using the keyboard I am lucky I can hunt and peck it takes me forever to write a note. Ha