PDA

View Full Version : Release dates (iOS, Mac, PC, Linux)

v-i-c-
11-20-13, 10:49 AM
I'll announce estimated release dates for the different versions of WOTA: Wolves of the Atlantic in this thread.

There will be several different version of WOTA for different platforms.

Almost every day someone asks for the release date. It's sometimes really hard to make a good guess when it's still in the works. I've announced many estimated release dates before and my estimations failed terribly because I love to improve WOTA.
Please don't ask for a release date, I will post them in this thread.

v-i-c-
11-20-13, 10:54 AM
WOTA: Seehund Type XXVIIb (the subsim about the Seehund midget submarine)

Release date: delayed because of "WOTA: Wolves of the Atlantic - Arcade Missions"
Platform: iOS

Release date means the date of uploading the title to Apple, they still have to review it before it goes live on the store.

Gotmilk
11-29-13, 07:39 AM
After all those years it finally does have an ETA! :salute:

Congrats and hope that reaching that goal goes without any complications.

v-i-c-
12-25-13, 02:18 AM
WOTA: Wolves of the Atlantic - u 96 (Type VIIc, full realism but campaign works without a map)

Release date: April 2014
Platform: iOS

biosthetique
01-06-14, 10:33 AM
Outstanding!....It sounds realistic!....And congratulations!

v-i-c-
02-20-14, 08:36 PM
New estimated release date for WOTA U 96 is April 2014

v-i-c-
04-01-14, 09:42 AM
No chance for April…

The work on the Type VII command room took an unbelievable amount of time. And this monster is still unfinished!

flag4
05-26-14, 05:46 AM
any chance for Android?

v-i-c-
05-26-14, 11:10 AM
Not planned at the moment maybe after the desktop versions.

v-i-c-
05-26-14, 11:11 AM
I'm still working on it. Some things are taking longer because I don't want to "fake" them - like the propulsion and engine.

JotDora
05-27-14, 03:15 AM
Wow, never heard about WOTA.
Did not Play subsims for some time (after the last Silent Hunter disaster) but that Looks very good.
I will buy it right after it came out and would love to see a Desktop Version!

Take your time and release it when you're satisfied with your sim.

All the best and greetings from Germany

Sebastian

P.S.: Don't go too low with your Price in the app store.

jokker
06-02-14, 09:31 AM
Any news on a release date?

I much prefer the iPad for gaming now. I think you're on the right track. The tablet is the platform of the future.

Count on me as a customer.

BTW, I agree with the idea of getting it in good shape prior to release. I have 13 games under my belt and its easy to use the excuse "will patch quickly" as a justification for getting it out before it's ready. Rarely appreciated by customer. But then again a few bugs are often found with customer help. QC/beta doesnt find them all, never on the PC, too many permutations. Tablet development is a plus with a more stable platform, iPad especially.

bob

v-i-c-
06-02-14, 09:37 AM
Same as a few days before…

Kommandant_Wesser
06-25-14, 10:58 PM
I saw this, and i was wondering when it is going to be out. i would like to make this game my First Video game review for youtube and i would have to say this game looks great for a IOS platform.

v-i-c-
06-26-14, 12:50 AM
Working on it all day. But I've added much more accurate realism to the physics simulation as I wanted (for this version) some months ago (hydrodynamics of ballast tanks, propulsion, even diesel itself, guns, aircraft, ASDIC etc.) to match the real thing without the usual fakes of other games. The good thing is that since some months I can talk with the former chief engineer of a Type VII about these things.

In other words WOTA: U 96 has a much better simulation under the hood than I wanted. Example: when blowing the ballast tanks it even calculates the speed of the air at the nozzle and checks if it's supersonic or not and the calculation of the mass flow of air changes depending on this. That's nothing the player has to think about but the result of all the details is what changes the overall game play because it changes the behavior of the vessels to a much more realistic experience.

Still want to release ASAP.

Sung
06-26-14, 01:22 PM
That sounds exciting VIC.
Keep up the good work :up:

deadhead1971
10-28-14, 09:13 PM
Instead of asking for a release date, I will ask it in a different way. What do you have left to do?

v-i-c-
10-28-14, 09:25 PM
Instead of asking for a release date, I will ask it in a different way. What do you have left to do?

Do you think that would help you to estimate it better than I can do?

deadhead1971
10-29-14, 09:55 AM
Let's try this, what "version" of WOTA are you most focused on? Can't you throw a few crumbs to your followers?

v-i-c-
10-29-14, 07:46 PM
I'm working on the "WOTA: U 96" version for iOS. Or what are you meaning with version?

deadhead1971
10-29-14, 08:12 PM
Thanks. No further questions at this time. I posted your latest YouTube video at another forum, and some folks over there are, as we say in the states, rippin' and roarin' and ready for the game. Latest video made me sea sick.

chrysanthos
11-01-14, 06:14 AM
i am not complain if they planned to add a free roaming option too;) i would love to sail away anywhere

v-i-c-
11-01-14, 06:44 AM
i am not complain if they planned to add a free roaming option too;) i would love to sail away anywhere

Totally free long range navigation will be available in the 2nd (much more complex) version "WOTA: Wolves of the Atlantic". In "WOTA: U 96" it will be limited to short and medium range only, means you can decide to intercept reported ships within range but you can't decide to move to e.g. Africa when your orders are different.

deadhead1971
11-04-14, 08:58 PM
Hey Vic. I know you have read the book iron coffins by Herbert Werner. I just picked up a book the other day by someone in your country named Lothar Gunther Buchhheim- Uboat War. This book has a lot of rare photographs. Have you seen it?

v-i-c-
11-05-14, 03:21 AM
by someone in your country named Lothar Gunther Buchhheim- Uboat War.

Lothar-Günther Buchheim was the War Correspondent (or better war artist) Werner played by Herbert Grönemeyer in the movie "Das Boot". He wrote the book on which the movie is based on. "Das Boot" is the first of three about him and "der Alte" (Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock, played by Jürgen Prochnow in the movie). The second book (which I like most) is about the times when Willenbrock was leader of the 11th U-boat Flotilla before and during D-Day invasion and about escaping from Brest. The third one is settled in the 70s and is about their last journey aboard the Otto Hahn, a nuclear powered merchant cargo ship. Willenbrock was the Captain of the Otto Hahn. They talk about their memories in this book.

I would say Buchheim is the most famous former U-Boat man in germany today. More famous than any of the aces. He made $300 million after the war with an art collection. But actually the guy who played him in "Das Boot" is much more famous https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XuONGCT9wM

But I haven't read the book you've mentioned :haha:

Cybermat47
11-05-14, 03:40 AM
I'm really looking forward to this :)

ronderio
11-09-14, 05:16 PM
:k_rofl::k_rofl::k_rofl::Kaleun_Thumbs_Up::Kaleun_ Thumbs_Up::ahoy::salute::up::up::up::up::up::)well hope all goes well with the new upcoming game your putting all resources into I know it will be a hit with all us subbies good on you waiting for the day of release ....ronderio..

deadhead1971
11-11-14, 06:45 PM
Have you done any work yet on the torpedo targeting system? The offset and gyro angle and all that stuff?

v-i-c-
11-11-14, 08:54 PM
Have you done any work yet on the torpedo targeting system? The offset and gyro angle and all that stuff?

That is easy stuff - basically just the standard "Torpedo-Schussdreieck"

deadhead1971
11-12-14, 08:14 AM
Okay then. How about doing a video of A torpedo sinking ship.

v-i-c-
11-12-14, 08:27 AM
Okay then. How about doing a video of A torpedo sinking ship.

No, I'm busy with other stuff of the game.

deadhead1971
11-14-14, 08:03 PM
Well,......(pause)......maybe not

Sailor Steve
11-15-14, 02:03 AM
Back in the days when SH3 was still new we had a saying for people who asked over and over about mods: "It will be done when it's done".

Now how about we stop badgering the guy and let him work at his own pace?

deadhead1971
11-15-14, 08:38 PM
Hey Vic. What version of iOS are you using right now? And also what model iPad or iPhone are you using? How are you able to get the graphics to look so realistic?

Leighthekiwi
02-06-15, 11:03 PM
No matter what the release date for PC is, I'm in to buy it straight away.
I know there's no indication of pricing either, but I'd expect to pay at least $100-$150 here in New Zealand and wouldn't quibble at that in the slightest.

After a good look through the forums and the WOTA website, all I want is for Mark to finish it to the standard he's aiming for and in whatever timeframe that requires, as long it does get finished and released! It will then undoubtedly stand for years as the benchmark in technically accurate military simulation.

Not saying that sooner wouldn't be better than later though....lol.

v-i-c-
02-06-15, 11:14 PM
I know there's no indication of pricing either, but I'd expect to pay at least $100-$150 here in New Zealand and wouldn't quibble at that in the slightest.

One $ in NZ is 0.65 EUR. :o It won't be that expensive.

Leighthekiwi
02-07-15, 09:39 AM
One $ in NZ is 0.65 EUR. :o It won't be that expensive.

Even better! :-)

Bonfleck
05-11-15, 07:45 PM
Is this long anticipated sim project dead in the water? Many of us are dying for something to replace SH5! When can we expect more news on a release date?!

:-?

v-i-c-
05-12-15, 05:35 AM
Is this long anticipated sim project dead in the water? Many of us are dying for something to replace SH5! When can we expect more news on a release date?!

:-?

No, it's alive. Release will be in 2015 and you will get news about the release date 2 weeks before the release.

makman94
05-15-15, 05:42 PM
hello v-i-c ,

i am so curious to see what marvelous things you are preparing there! :yep:

is there anything that will be ok from you to show us before the release ?

v-i-c-
05-15-15, 05:45 PM
I'm busy with many tiny things.

Berater
10-22-15, 01:52 PM
We have nearly the end of 2015.
Do you have a planned Release Date.?

v-i-c-
10-22-15, 04:31 PM
It looks like Q1 2016.

v-i-c-
11-12-15, 07:48 PM
I'm sorry, but I've totally wasted another full 3 weeks of my time with unpaid work for a competitor. Sounds stupid? Seems I am. :salute:

Méo
11-12-15, 10:41 PM
I'm sorry, but I've totally wasted another full 3 weeks of my time with unpaid work for a competitor. Sounds stupid? Seems I am. :salute:

Is there anyway we can donate to support your project?

It looks awesome! :rock:

v-i-c-
11-12-15, 10:50 PM
Is there anyway we can donate to support your project?

It looks awesome! :rock:

Thank you, but so far I had no plans to start a crowdfunding or to accept donations.

Bonfleck
02-09-16, 01:35 AM
Hello Developer. I've been a member of Subsim for better than a decade for whatever that's worth. I've been following the very occasional updates of the WOTA project for at least the last 3 years. (seems like a lot longer) I along with probably many others am scratching my head why this particular thread of the forum even exists at this point. May I ask with all do respect what gives here? Will there ever actually be a iOS, Mac, based Wolves of the Atlantic submarine simulation game?! PLEASE let us know what's going on!!!!

v-i-c-
02-09-16, 08:42 AM
Yes, I'm trying to finish it in the early 2nd quarter now.

Bonfleck
02-09-16, 03:38 PM
Very cool. I've been on the sidelines since abandoning PC and the unsatisfying silent hunter series years ago. Can't wait for a new Sub game on a Mac Platform! Please keep us posted!

basti107
04-20-16, 02:11 AM
Silent Service ~30 years ago - and now this.
Can't wait :)

kaleu
04-25-16, 10:23 PM
Wishing it comes soon

v-i-c-
04-25-16, 10:28 PM
Still working on it and still can't tell RL. But I'll announce it as soon as I know it.

v-i-c-
06-27-16, 08:17 AM
Just for the record (after being downgraded to a subforum of the subform "Indie Subsims"):

The first game of the series is still in development and it still will be released in 2016.

MCHALO12
06-27-16, 12:45 PM
Hello V-i-c,

very good to hear! Can you show us anything new about the game? Would be great to see a recent screenshot or video!

Best regards, MCHALO.

v-i-c-
06-27-16, 12:47 PM
Sorry, no. I've wrote everywhere, that I won't show new things till the release.

MCHALO12
06-27-16, 02:43 PM
Okay, I guess than we have to wait for release...

Can you estimate when the game will be ready for release?

v-i-c-
06-27-16, 02:45 PM
I've learned the hard way that any estimations lead to frustration for both sides if I fail to meet the estimated date.

zemstafreda
10-31-16, 04:18 PM
Well, I don't want to bother you but it would be nice to hear about the progress every couple of months. I'm a fan of your project but I feel that I'm loosing a faith.

v-i-c-
10-31-16, 04:45 PM
I will try to post more again in the future.

Anvar1061
06-03-17, 09:57 AM
Well, I don't want to bother you but it would be nice to hear about the progress every couple of months. I'm a fan of your project but I feel that I'm loosing a faith.

+1http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/images/smilies/Kaleun_Confused.gif

v-i-c-
06-03-17, 05:47 PM
+1http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/images/smilies/Kaleun_Confused.gif

Yes, I know :-/

Bonfleck
07-06-17, 02:44 PM
I'm at a loss why this project is even still listed on subsim. :Kaleun_Cheers:

v-i-c-
07-06-17, 02:52 PM
I guess because it is still in development.
I wonder why this is so interesting for you that you feel the need to post this question.

Bonfleck
07-07-17, 06:27 PM
I guess perhaps because it's an effective way to get any sort of communication flowing. I of course wish you luck on your development because I've been among many who have patiently followed and awaited your product sailor. Best of luck!

:03:

v-i-c-
10-13-17, 01:37 PM
WOTA won’t be finished before February 2019.

Bonfleck
03-21-18, 04:32 PM
Any new news?

v-i-c-
03-21-18, 08:24 PM
I am trying to finish it till next February.

Anvar1061
04-14-18, 12:34 PM
I am trying to finish it till next February.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/images/smilies/Kaleun_Confused.gif

Rwearjr
04-20-18, 05:25 PM
Bump......The emoticon says it all. :k_confused:

v-i-c-
04-20-18, 05:26 PM
Bumping it for what? I still target February 2019.

Rwearjr
04-21-18, 10:29 PM
Just frustration. This game has been "in development" with "estimated release dates" since 2014. I actually bought a tablet back in 2014 (for many reasons of course) but with the primary reason of buying and playing this game on it. While I still have the tablet (iPad) it is now so old Apple doesn't update the iOS anymore. While I can appreciate that the work involved in such a project is great, those of us here who have awaited this project including myself, and others who purchased your beautiful u-boat compass to support your work (I'll speak only for myself here) wish you would take your "release dates" more seriously. So far it's only been a handful of nice looking videos and empty promises.

v-i-c-
04-21-18, 10:38 PM
I can’t accelerate the development.

pzgndr
05-09-18, 06:28 PM

Thanks. I keep checking in occasionally to see what the status is. I'm actually looking forward to WOTA moreso than Uboot with its excessive detail. Whenever it's done is fine.

v-i-c-
05-18-18, 11:39 AM

Another delay (work) is necessary to fund the game. Which adds a delay of 2-3 months. So it won’t be finished before April/May 2019.

zemstafreda
09-11-18, 03:43 AM
Beside release date it would be also nice to have some information about current progress, at least for marketing reasons. Without it nobody have anything to talk about and project is considered dead by most even if it has (another) release date. I wonder why anybody would give up on this form of free advertising? There is a reason why WOTA after initial hype was downgraded on subsim forums and mostly forgotten by now.

v-i-c-
09-11-18, 09:24 AM
The current status is that I am fulfilling a contract work which will fund the final stage of the development.

Bonfleck
12-04-18, 07:22 PM
Hello. I almost hate to ask but can't help but be curious if there is a launch date in the near future?

v-i-c-
12-05-18, 01:10 PM
Hello, not in the near future. I am still working on that said contract work, this already secured the final budget for the game (the client unrealistically thought it would take just 3 months but it looks like the team needs 9 months :-( ). As soon as the work is done I can work 24/7 on WOTA again. I aim for next year’s holiday season now.

zemstafreda
01-26-19, 07:31 PM
So what's up? That contract work is already done?

v-i-c-
01-26-19, 07:33 PM
Almost, roughly two months till I can start again.

v-i-c-
05-15-19, 08:40 AM
Contract work done! Funded! Ready to start full-time development again. :Kaleun_Cheers:

agathosdaimon
06-15-19, 08:07 AM
great! i hope this can move forward again!

Screvef
07-01-19, 09:12 AM
Anymore updated on when you think it will be ready?

Aktungbby
07-01-19, 09:56 AM
Screvef!:Kaleun_Salute:

zemstafreda
02-23-20, 07:28 PM
Any updates to report after over 6 months? It looks like you are planning to ship iOS version in 2020.

Aktungbby
02-23-20, 08:12 PM
zemstafreda!:Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Salute: after a yearlong silent run!:Kaleun_Wink:

v-i-c-
03-01-20, 09:45 AM
The project is still alive. But I have no updates to post yet.

UnderWaterGamer
11-12-20, 03:43 PM
Hello Hessburg, I have been following your game for quite a while now, I am wondering if all is going as planned from your last posts.

The first time I saw this game I was blown away (and still am today) at the realism and graphical detail you are putting into it. I have also seen how it has taken a lot of time. But time I have and your efforts put in will never cease to amaze me. I am sure the final product will exceed my expectations.

Take care in this difficult period

Cheers from an Atlantic Hunter:Kaleun_Salute: :Kaleun_Cheers:

UWG

v-i-c-
11-13-20, 12:05 AM
Thank you. As usual things need a lot of time because I am alone. Currently I am working on the UNDEX physics. I’ll post a video in a few weeks when the website is back online.

v-i-c-
12-25-21, 11:09 AM
Happy Holidays!

Just for the record: The project is still alive and I am still working on it.

https://hessburg.com/pictures/Merry_Christmas_WOTA_small.jpg

LoneWolf_gabo
07-30-22, 09:31 AM
Hi! glad to hear you still working on the project. I understand how unfortunately we have to put time and efford on other's projects to survive in the economy and put our stuff on hold. Anyway i'm pretty sure that your product is allready very solid but i know you will release when it's 100% ready.
Looking forward to it.
:Kaleun_Cheers:

v-i-c-
07-30-22, 04:06 PM
Thank you for your patience.