PDA

View Full Version : Hi. I'd Like To Post A Stupid Question. Ready Your Baseball Bats.

Leon West
11-09-13, 04:50 AM
:D

Title says it all really.

Anyways it has been a very, very, very long time since I've played SH4. Somehow the bug bit me and I'm off again, installing SH4 and TMO v2.5 along with it's Terrible T patch (if that even still applies?!) . Here's the thing. I don't know much about modding 4, but I do know that I tried TMO 2.5 with RSRD and the current RSRD patch, but soon realized that I am not so familiar with the history as I should be to actually find contacts, so I followed some advice from similiar topics on RSRD of where do I find traffic but I don'ts want ta read huhstory books, and got rid of RSRD.

So now I'm just running vanilla TMO 2.5 which to my understanding, still has quite the sophisticated traffic layer, a much better simulation than just vanilla SH4 just a bit more of a chance to run into randoms, which will serve my purposes greatly because I am intending, in the long run, to make a Let's Play on Youtube with SH4 and the awesome TMO mod.

So, anyways, how about I actually get to the real reason about my post...I came across a mod (I know you've heard of it, it's called New Depth Charges V1 TMO RSRD) and I have tried to research some information about it, and have come up empty handed. What was I trying to research? Well the description of the mod says it improves the depth charges of the enemy ai, and it sounds like something I'd like. It says it was developed with TMO RSRD, so my question is...will it work for just Vanilla TMO 2.5?

If this has been posted elsewhere, I really apologize. I spent about 30 minutes searching the forums with Google's assistance and haven't found any info about it.

Thanks in advance, everyone!

Kaleun
11-09-13, 06:06 AM
Hi,

I think the mod is authored by

Bubblehead1980

He's around in here, so he's probably the best one to shed any light on the matter. (maybe PM him)

Leon West
11-09-13, 06:59 AM
Hi,

I think the mod is authored by

Bubblehead1980

He's around in here, so he's probably the best one to shed any light on the matter. (maybe PM him)

Yes, you are correct! However, I was hesitant to shoot him a PM because I have noticed many good modders are constantly badgered with bickering, complaining, or how do I's, so much so that many of them stop developing their awesome content...I didn't want to add to that if I could help it, especially since I wasn't sure it already had a discussion or not.

But I digress...I will see if he can stop by and answer my question whenever he has the time.

Also, before I forget, thank you very much for the extremely fast response, Kaleun! :salute:

Definitely a joy to be here again. A shame I'm more of a lurker than a participater...

magic452
11-10-13, 01:14 AM
Welcome back Leon :up::up:

I believe that mod is only for RSRD but Bubbles is on a lot and should get to you soon.

Magic

Leon West
11-10-13, 02:30 PM
Welcome back Leon :up::up:

I believe that mod is only for RSRD but Bubbles is on a lot and should get to you soon.

Magic

Thanks, Magic! I downloaded it anyways and it'll be hanging out in storage until I can find some time to test it. I'm just nervous about breaking my current career, lol.

I appreciate the answers.

merc4ulfate
11-10-13, 08:26 PM
Read the Documentation.

This mod was created using TMO RSRD , not sure how it works with other mods.

There is the answer.

There is no further documentation in the file to say it would work with only one of those mods or both so just use it, set your self up a test and see what happens. The worst that could happen it a re installation so give it a try.