PDA

View Full Version : I've had it with this dang blasted bug!

Admiral Halsey
10-31-13, 01:09 PM
After getting the conning tower upgrade bug in Op Monsun yet again.(Seriously I wish I could just disable conning tower upgrades until it gets fixed.) I have decided i'm going to tackle it myself. I need to know exactly what I will need to download in order to fix it.(Basically everything I need in order to edit the files properly.)

Webster
10-31-13, 05:59 PM
compare the stock game files with the modded files in OM

it takes time and you need to go line by line and determine what each change does to decide what affect it might have, then im sure it will be a simple typo somewhere thats causing it. most likely related to a date the upgrade is available or something like that.

good luck with it

Admiral Halsey
10-31-13, 06:05 PM
It's either that or a piece of American equipment that Lurker forgot to remove. Oh and thanks for the well wishing.

merc4ulfate
10-31-13, 09:26 PM
good luck with this one. This is quite an undertaking.

Admiral Halsey
10-31-13, 09:55 PM
Does anyone know which file/files is the one that controls the conning tower upgrades and what I need to edit it/them with?(If its Notepad then i've got it covered.)

Webster
11-01-13, 08:54 AM
Does anyone know which file/files is the one that controls the conning tower upgrades and what I need to edit it/them with?(If its Notepad then i've got it covered.)

cant say but I know the "objects" folder has a lot of conning tower stuff in it so I think you will find it there

Admiral Halsey
11-01-13, 10:57 AM
Well it isn't Notepad as it just gave me garbled code when I tried to check it out that way.

ETR3(SS)
11-01-13, 11:34 AM
My guess would be this, your file path may vary.

D:\Games\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\Data\UPCDataGE\UPCUnitsData

torpedobait
11-10-13, 08:59 AM
My guess would be this, your file path may vary.

D:\Games\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\Data\UPCDataGE\UPCUnitsData

Thank you for your service.