PDA

View Full Version : Newer Captain, couple questions.

ZeArcher
10-31-13, 12:53 AM
Hey all, I'm fairly new to SH4 (coming from SHIII + GWXGold some years back). I've played a few patrols with GFO, and looking to amp up the challenge a little. Have been reading a great deal of the posts here regarding the suggested modifications, and have already downloaded and installed TMO2.5 and love the changes so far. My question however lies with the RSRD Campaign. I've heard a lot about how the mod changes the patrol routes to historical realism and re-writes the campaign, however having never tried the stock campaign I'm hesitant to make changes to what I haven't tried. My concern is that it will make the sim 'too real' and take the fun out of it, if that makes sense. Any comments or concerns on this issue? I'm already sold on TMO, just concerned that if I don't study the right history, read the right books, or DL the right maps, I'll be out in the ocean for days with no wrecking of IJN merchants.

Thank you in advance.

ZeArcher

magic452
10-31-13, 01:09 AM
I'd hold off on RSRD for a time and get a feel for the game first.
Have some shoot 'em up fun and that ramp up the campaign to
RSRD.

Magic

ZeArcher
10-31-13, 12:29 PM
Thank you for the input magic, I'll give that a shot. I'm kind of enjoying the cheesy stock campaign objectives, and it will give me more of an opportunity to tighten up my manual targeting (I still miss sometimes, dumb mistakes like leaving the PK on!). Very impressed with TMO however, really heightens the immersion. Thanks again!

ZeArcher

pabbi
10-31-13, 04:33 PM
http://combinedfleet.com/battles/

You can use RSRDC just go to this link and see where the big battle's took place.

Armistead
10-31-13, 05:46 PM
TMO has it's own traffic campaign, a mix of history and fun and a tad more difficult.

U505995
10-31-13, 06:57 PM
If you're hunting in the stock game, sail into the South China Sea. You can't go more than 100 miles before you trip over a Japanese convoy.

merc4ulfate
10-31-13, 09:27 PM
Realism = Fun