PDA

View Full Version : Question.

Admiral Halsey
10-30-13, 10:28 AM
Does anyone know of a mod that only adds the "Distance until out of fuel" button that's in TMO and RFB? If not could someone make one that's compatible with OP Monsun as I hate having no clue if i'll make it back home after a long patrol.

TorpX
10-30-13, 08:25 PM
I can see why that might put a damper on your patrol. :)

Admiral Halsey
10-30-13, 08:36 PM
I can see why that might put a damper on your patrol. :)

Yeah I normally either run out of fuel or end up back at base with 40% fuel left.

JoeCorrado
10-30-13, 08:48 PM
I would try traveling out to my patrol area at a set speed as much as possible and take note of fuel used to make the passage. Keep that percentage in mind and be sure to head for home at that percentage plus 5% - should at least be enough to git you there.

Remember also that early war, your base was subject to change and in real life, even Pearl Harbor was not a guaranteed thing. I expect that commanders were fairly conservative in their estimates and left a bit of safety net where fuel calculations were concerned.

Also, be sure and download one of the mods that set cruising speed at standard for optimal fuel economy- or edit your submarine config file yourself to make the change. Basically makes standard speed 50% of max speed instead of the stock 66% or whatever it was. Pretty sure that the GFO Mod takes care of that and also adds the max distance button as well - if you don't want to use one of the "other" super mods.

TorpX
10-30-13, 09:24 PM
When I start a patrol, I consider that each percentage point of fuel is equal to 1,000 gallons of fuel (or whatever you want to use) and I log the distance covered, and the amount of fuel consumed. [Yeah, I'm kind of obsessive about fuel and provisions.] Of course, I have the navigator function to help me. If you don't, you can still obtain the fuel milage at each speed setting, though it will take you a lot longer, as the fuel level can only be read to within the nearest 1%. Once you have your milage at standard, slow, full, etc., you can easily plot out your return anytime you want, and monitor your endurance. These figures should hold good until you get a different class of boat.

I have never run out of fuel, although, once I did return with only 3% remaining. That is certainly cutting it close.

Admiral Halsey
10-30-13, 09:41 PM
When I start a patrol, I consider that each percentage point of fuel is equal to 1,000 gallons of fuel (or whatever you want to use) and I log the distance covered, and the amount of fuel consumed. [Yeah, I'm kind of obsessive about fuel and provisions.] Of course, I have the navigator function to help me. If you don't, you can still obtain the fuel milage at each speed setting, though it will take you a lot longer, as the fuel level can only be read to within the nearest 1%. Once you have your milage at standard, slow, full, etc., you can easily plot out your return anytime you want, and monitor your endurance. These figures should hold good until you get a different class of boat.

I have never run out of fuel, although, once I did return with only 3% remaining. That is certainly cutting it close.

I never thought about doing that. I best give it a whirl next time i'm out on either the Atlantic or Pacific.

Red October1984
10-30-13, 10:45 PM
Does OP Monsun take away the Navigator buttons or something?

:hmmm:

Admiral Halsey
10-30-13, 10:49 PM
Does OP Monsun take away the Navigator buttons or something?

:hmmm:

That button isn't in the stock game and unless you use OMEGU.(Which I don't due to the saved game corruption it can cause.) then you're out of luck.

TorpX
10-30-13, 11:31 PM
I don't know how to put the function back in the game, but somebody around here ought to know.

Another thing you might do, is to just take your boat out on a single mission and run around using TC until you tabulate the information required. You could get figures for battery discharging and recharging at the same time.

Red October1984
10-30-13, 11:52 PM
That button isn't in the stock game and unless you use OMEGU.(Which I don't due to the saved game corruption it can cause.) then you're out of luck.

Ah. IIRC it was in SH3 stock... :hmmm:

I wouldn't know. I didn't play SH4 Stock but for one patrol. I knew from SH3 that I was going to have to mod and sure enough, Stock SH4 is terrible.

Anyway...I'm not sure why they weren't included regardless if they were in SH3 or not. That's a really useful button.

Hope you find a solution. :up: