PDA

View Full Version : Incoming!!!

Bothersome
09-14-13, 02:35 AM
This one might tarnish the paint...
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54171727/SH4/SH4Img%402013-09-14_01.52.52_600.jpg

More info about this ship can be found >>> here <<< (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2112351&postcount=269).

I was able to capture this photo as it released its bombs because a new radar contact come into range at just the right moment. I have my game set to pause on new contacts. At first, I thought my computer crashed. Then I noticed I could move the view and the game was simply paused. So I figured I take a cool screenie and share it since it was a unique coincidence.

TorpX
09-14-13, 04:19 AM
Who won? :)

Bothersome
09-14-13, 11:08 AM
I won that round. Those bombs landed at the water line on the starboard side. One of them hit the life boat. Lots of explosions. But the mission isn't over. Fleet command has me sitting there in the Marshall Islands as a plane magnet. I think I have another day left on this mission.

I seriously need to re-evaluate following fleet's orders. They don't exactly fit for a battleship. I guess I'm gonna have to learn how to make missions.

Rockin Robbins
09-14-13, 11:39 AM
Not a problem then. That'll buff right out with a little elbow grease.:D

Archer7seven
09-14-13, 07:19 PM
And next they'll have you check the carrier presence in Rabaul.

I recall one mission with a Cleveland Class cruiser. It wanted an update of je surface activity in some Indonesian port. So I went there, sank everything and sent them their update.

Sailor Steve
09-14-13, 07:33 PM
:rotfl2:

That's one way to solve a problem. :rock:

Rammstein0991
09-14-13, 07:34 PM
Stupid question I know but, HOW are you a battleship?

Bothersome
09-15-13, 02:39 AM
Did you see that link about more info on the first post?

You can download the mod from that page, which is in the modding section. Once you install the mod, you can start a new career and pick the Iowa as your starting ship. Installing a mod is best done with JSGME. With that program, you can install multiple mods and un-install them at will. The mods that I have installed for my game play is,..
1_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5
RSRDC_SH15_V550
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
Less Plankton 1.2
SS285 USS Balao_Clean
USA_Iowa

The ship mod should work in stock also, but I've not tested it in stock.

The reason for the mods are TMO for graphics and other game fixes and settings, RSRD for historical ship operations, Plankton is graphical taste, and the Balao is fresh coat of paint (they did look new in WW2). The ship mod is put on last to fix the problems of TMO and RSRD (namely, bullets and gun specs). Also, because it's a ship with a very high bridge and outlooks, the sensor files needed updating to reflect those capabilities. If you were to put the ship file on first, then TMO and RSRD would overwrite those needed files.

Other may be able to explain modding better than me.

Admiral Halsey
11-12-13, 11:07 PM
Someone actually made a BB mod for TMO + RSRD? I've died and gone to heaven.

Harmsway!
11-13-13, 07:55 AM
I would love to see you do a video of Lets play USS Iowa Battleship. The screen capture is awesome.

Nathan Pulice
11-13-13, 12:23 PM
cool pic