PDA

View Full Version : "at war" dates.

the.terrabyte.pirate
09-05-13, 06:30 AM
Hi all.

I'm playing SHIV + Op Monsun.

How do I determine if a particular country is at war with me in my U-boat at a particular date?

I seem to remember SHIII having a chart, but it might have been included with Grey Wolves.

Thanks,

HertogJan
09-05-13, 08:14 AM
As far as I know from 1940 to the end of the war basicly every country is at war with Germany and Japan (apart from the Neutral country obviously).

If however you're uncertain to attack... surface the boat, you'll know quite soon if its friend or fowl.

[Edit]
Forgot, there's a chart in SH4 which shows the enemy ports and such, but I don't know bout OM my guess there's one there too.

Rockin Robbins
09-05-13, 08:16 AM
Well, if it's British, American or Dutch---shoot it!:D

in_vino_vomitus
09-05-13, 11:11 AM
there's a mod called Csengoi's Enemies of Germany - which adds a page to your help file showing every country's flag and the dates they were at war with Germany - also if a ship is in British waters then it's pretty much a legit target after the first few months of the war, when Germany gave up on the Prize Rules. - I've agonised over this many times myself.

Here it is.....

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=3089

Rockin Robbins
09-05-13, 02:53 PM
Well, if you want a chart of enemies of Germany, the top rated enemy has to be Germany! Such stupidity! You can't even tell how they lost the war because they made dozens of fatal mistakes, any one of which was sufficient to guarantee their defeat.

But just taking our end of the war, the moment they built the first Type VII they had the war lost. Germany had no business building submarines for an offensive war. Using them guaranteed them the loss before the first shot in the war was fired. There was no escape. They doomed themselves, considered the situation and then did the deed anyway. That is stupidity of a degree that makes anything the Japanese did look brilliant.

But if they hadn't stupidly used submarines, we may have used them wrongly and lost our submarine battle of the Pacific.

in_vino_vomitus
09-05-13, 03:52 PM
That's a very good point - but until someone writes an existentialist mod I'd say it's probably better to shoot the torpedoes at the Allies.... :)