PDA

View Full Version : The Chronometer

larsonboram
09-02-13, 10:07 PM
Anybody got guide on the chronometer?

I would like to know every inch of it of that thing especially on how to use it for the torpedoes.

Aktungbby
09-03-13, 12:36 AM
The best way to learn is to REFIT with eels and test fire the eels at their speed settings with the chrono stop watch to get a handle on each ell type's speed and time characteristic ie the steam eel will have 3 different characteristics/1 for each speed setting. Time for 1000 meters which is roughly one minute per thousand in run time. Essential knowledge as 100% difficulty game in SHV doesn't announce eel misses so you must rely on the watch. After learning the approx. run time for each type of eel per 1000 meters simply hit refit AGAIN to reload eels and proceed with the mission. Accustic eels are the slowest and can tend to delay while orienting on a ship engine so the chrono is not reliable but they tend to be infallible once fired so timing them is useless multitasking. Hope this helps. I also use my own vintage WAKMANN chrono watch on my wrist as the in game clock sometime blips out.:Kaleun_Periskop:

Rockin Robbins
09-03-13, 12:20 PM
Actually, the chronometer will give you all that information IF you have an accurate range in the TDC. When you shoot a torpedo, the chronometer, based on the range in the TDC puts a red line on the dial. When the second hand gets to the red line (sometimes you have to have the second hand go around a couple of times and then to the red line) that's when the boom is supposed to happen.

If you'll take a look at the attack map, you'll see your projected torpedo track and at the end you'll see a time, based on the range you told the TDC. Warning: Garbage in is garbage out. If it says 2:46, that's two minutes 46 seconds, of course.

Now look at the chronometer and there should be a red line at the :46 position. But remember there are two whole minutes THEN the boom when the needle gets to the red line IF your range in the TDC is accurate.

If you're using RFB you'll find that since they didn't understand the attack map, they made it almost impossible to get to. You'll have to modify your menu or maybe find a button on one of the command bars that works. In TMO it's just a stab of the F6 button away.