PDA

View Full Version : Midway.

Admiral Halsey
08-25-13, 01:10 PM
Well it's that time again. The Battle of Midway is about to start and I want to do something different so instead of going after the carriers i'm aiming for Yamamoto himself. Yep i'm going after the Japanese main body. One problem though. I have no clue where to find it. If anyone knows the coordinates for it I would greatly appreciate it.

c13Garrison
08-25-13, 01:18 PM
The only way to be sure is to go into the game files and look. Prange has one set of coordinates, Parshall another, and IJN records different too. If I were blind guessing I'd start 300 miles west of Kido Butai and search west up to 200 more miles.

Part of the brilliance of Yammamoto's plan, dividing his forces over 3 million sq miles of ocean such that they couldn't possibly reasonably support each other.

Bubblehead1980
08-25-13, 01:34 PM
Well it's that time again. The Battle of Midway is about to start and I want to do something different so instead of going after the carriers i'm aiming for Yamamoto himself. Yep i'm going after the Japanese main body. One problem though. I have no clue where to find it. If anyone knows the coordinates for it I would greatly appreciate it.

Yep, just look up the battle of midway in RSRD campaign files with mission editor, can get an idea where to look. Easy to miss these forces without surface radar.Sometimes luck can play a role though.

Admiral Halsey
08-25-13, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the help. I found the coordinates. The main body is around Longitude 174. Latitude 29.

c13Garrison
08-27-13, 08:47 PM
So, does that mean you can park on 174/29, or do you need to give a 20nm cussiob for him to spawn? Were you able to find him?

Admiral Halsey
08-27-13, 09:02 PM
So, does that mean you can park on 174/29, or do you need to give a 20nm cussiob for him to spawn? Were you able to find him?

Yes I was. Twice in fact. Once when they were headed to Midway and then I got an unexpected surprise when I stumbled upon what looked like the entire fleet as I headed back to Midway to resupply. Also I found out you don't have to give it the old 20 miles of spawn leeway.(Found that out when an American convoy spawned right next to me while I was messing around Henderson field.) Also the coordinates were the wrong ones The actual ones are Longitude 174, Latitude 33(The other ones are when they are retreating and after going over the ME I realized I ran smack dab into them a few hours after they spawned which means I did find nearly the whole Japaneses fleet while returning to Midway.)

Bubblehead1980
08-27-13, 09:05 PM
Thanks for the help. I found the coordinates. The main body is around Longitude 174. Latitude 29.

what was the date ? June 5?

Admiral Halsey
08-27-13, 09:14 PM
what was the date ? June 5?

those coordinates are when he is retreating after the battle is over along with Nagumos remaining forces. If you want the coordinates for when he was heading to midway they are Longitude 174, Latitude 33.(It was either the night of the fourth or fifth I found them.)

c13Garrison
08-27-13, 10:00 PM
Well it beats me how to find the battle of Midway. Waited at 174/33, nothing, then flanked down to 174/29 and found nothing. I wish there were a "reveal all" command just to prove it was actually simming Midway. :/

Admiral Halsey
08-27-13, 10:17 PM
Well it beats me how to find the battle of Midway. Waited at 174/33, nothing, then flanked down to 174/29 and found nothing. I wish there were a "reveal all" command just to prove it was actually simming Midway. :/

Even with the coordinates I still nearly missed them.(I think the game has a twenty mile wide random zone where the ships could be along the route they take.)

Bubblehead1980
08-28-13, 03:21 AM

It's tough to find them without radar, midway and coral sea, since they re in open ocean can be tough to find forces as it really was.Give the ME a try, open up the file, give you a general idea, can get the coordinates.

c13Garrison
08-28-13, 03:43 AM
This game SO desperately needs an autosave feature. Was running down to Guadalcanal, get reports of fleet units arriving Truk, full speed for 3 days to intercept, find a huge TF, line up on 4 cruisers, 1 torp each. First 2 explode, just fired the 4th and was slewing back to watch the impact on the third- Freeze, CTD. Aaaaaahhhhggggg!!!!!!

:/\\!!:/\\!!:/\\!!

...maybe I need to play minesweeper for a while.

Rockin Robbins
08-28-13, 08:30 AM
Autosave is great but Murphy's law says that autosave plops a corrupted outosave over your last good autosave and then you CTD. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Love, your buddies at Ubi.......

Admiral Halsey
08-28-13, 08:38 AM
This game SO desperately needs an autosave feature. Was running down to Guadalcanal, get reports of fleet units arriving Truk, full speed for 3 days to intercept, find a huge TF, line up on 4 cruisers, 1 torp each. First 2 explode, just fired the 4th and was slewing back to watch the impact on the third- Freeze, CTD. Aaaaaahhhhggggg!!!!!!

:/\\!!:/\\!!:/\\!!

...maybe I need to play minesweeper for a while.

I can top that. I actually sunk both Kongos at the first naval battle of Guadalcanal and turned it into an American Victory when yep you guessed it the game CTD.:damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn: :Kaleun_Mad::Kaleun_Mad::Kaleun_Mad:

c13Garrison
08-28-13, 03:06 PM
Ok, I yield Admiral, you win. Lol ...its nice to know others have gone before me.

@RR, you've made lemonade out of lemons for me; your Ubisoft signoff made me chuckle.

Admiral Halsey
08-28-13, 03:42 PM
What really sucked was watching the American Forces pull out the victory having only one destroyer dead in the water only to have everything I had just done wiped out.

Rammstein0991
09-13-13, 02:52 PM
I know your pain, 2nd mission in my Gato I raided Yokohama and Yokosuka and sank BOTH Shokaku's the Furutaka HC, a Destroyer a sub chaser and a few merchantmen, if I had lost all that?....yeah I'd probably be in need of a new pc right now :shifty:

Red Devil
09-17-13, 02:50 PM
I hit the main body but too far away to do anything, its was SSE of Midway