PDA

View Full Version : speech recognition

edwardallen
08-18-13, 07:28 PM
does speech recognition recognize commands from wireless mousethingy's

Pisces
08-19-13, 12:07 PM
Does a wireless mouse have a microphone? If not, how can it give off a speech command. (Puzzled by your question. I have never heard of computer mice having a microphone.)

Simmy
08-19-13, 12:38 PM
Does a wireless mouse have a microphone? If not, how can it give off a speech command. (Puzzled by your question. I have never heard of computer mice having a microphone.)

Yeah, I never responded to this post because I wasn't sure I was understanding the question.
If he's talking about SHSpeech2.4 then go for it. I just started using it a month or so ago and I will never go back to all that clicking, clicking, clicking.
Now I give a command and my crews on it like white on rice.:D

You can do mouse click commands at the same time your giving voice commands, fast and cool is all I can say.:sunny:

edwardallen
08-22-13, 03:15 PM
sorry guys about the confusing question. All commands arre given through a mic but some commands work and olthers dont. Mic isset up
properly and have done all tutorials. Seems kto me that commands that are normally activated by f2,f3etc presses work but commands that are activated buy mouse movements(before speech recognition installed) dont. This also occours in command prompt window. After a command is given sometimes the data is displayed that the command has been recognized and lkother times it dosn't. Hope this helps clear up the confusion.

Simmy
08-24-13, 02:09 AM
Well, I had to print out the commands in, I think it was "Voice Commands".
There he lists several ways of giving commands. The problem is that only one or maybe two ways will work for each command. The others simply wouldn't work no matter what I did. I went through the list giving each one and then marked the one that did work. Some commands I never could get to work and so I just mouse click for those.

The voice commands can be found in the "csv files folder, in the Trigger Maru folder, labeled, voice commands. If you haven't printed that out, do so, and go through the commands until you find the ones that work.

in_vino_vomitus
08-24-13, 02:44 AM
sorry guys about the confusing question. All commands arre given through a mic but some commands work and olthers dont. Mic isset up
properly and have done all tutorials. Seems kto me that commands that are normally activated by f2,f3etc presses work but commands that are activated buy mouse movements(before speech recognition installed) dont. This also occours in command prompt window. After a command is given sometimes the data is displayed that the command has been recognized and lkother times it dosn't. Hope this helps clear up the confusion.

Depending on how much work you want to do on this.....

If any of the commands are working then it means that the programme is working. If the mouse commands aren't then, it suggests the mouse clicks are happening where they're not supposed to. Try this:

Take a screenshot of the game, including the menu bar[s] you want to test. load it into MSPaint or something similar, that will allow you to check pixel coordinates. fire up SHSpeech and give a command - note the mouse coordinates that the command returns and check them against the screenshot.

I had problems with SHSpeech because of the menu changes and dial sizes in the mod combo I was using - also had problems with the voice control in the OS interfering with commands I was trying to give - so far haven't resolved the latter, but if you can put the work in sorting out the mouse functions, I guarantee you it will be time you won't regret spending.

Simmy
08-25-13, 12:35 PM
:nope:
In order to get SH4 to work with SweetFX I had to update the DirectX9.
I down loaded from Microsoft and ran it. It fixed the problem with SH4, but now SH4 doesn't respond to the SHspeech was well as it was. SHspeech seems to working fine from what I can tell but the update to DirectX is affecting the game as far as the speech program.
It never ends......:/\\!!

Mikemike47
08-25-13, 01:10 PM
I have been using Shoot 1.6.4 (http://clans.gameclubcentral.com/shoot/) for SH3 to SH5 for all my speech commands. Used it on XP, now Windows 7 64 bit.

Shoot Profile Editor V2 (http://www.gameclubcentral.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=449). Thanks Digital Trucker

Once you learn the syntax of shoot (*.xml), I have been using Winmerge.

BigWalleye
08-25-13, 01:35 PM
... also had problems with the voice control in the OS interfering with commands I was trying to give....

IVV, what make and model of headset are you using? I bought a spendy Logitech 960 wireless headset, and the 7.1 surround sound (in SH5 :)) was awesome. BUT the voice recognition was terrible (in SH3, 4, and 5). I got a lot of commands misinterpreted as Windows commands, and some words, like "Fire" could not be recognized at all! I compared the audio traces from the Logitech with those taken with a Sony PS2 wireless headset and a Radio Shack $19.95 wired cheapo. The distortion in the Logitech traces was pretty apparent. With the Sony (and the R/S) the Windows 7 voice rec software has no trouble distinguishing SH3 voice commands from operating system commands. I haven't measured it, but I'd guess well under 1 in 100 commands.

@Mikemike : Shoot is good, but SHspeech lets you use all the on-screen mouse-controlled data entry functions as well. ("AOB port 75. Range... Mark!") And the SH games have a LOT of mouse-controlled data entry. I don't know of any way to teach Shoot to do mouse movement.

in_vino_vomitus
08-25-13, 02:39 PM
IVV, what make and model of headset are you using? I bought a spendy Logitech 960 wireless headset, and the 7.1 surround sound (in SH5 :)) was awesome. BUT the voice recognition was terrible (in SH3, 4, and 5). I got a lot of commands misinterpreted as Windows commands, and some words, like "Fire" could not be recognized at all! I compared the audio traces from the Logitech with those taken with a Sony PS2 wireless headset and a Radio Shack $19.95 wired cheapo. The distortion in the Logitech traces was pretty apparent. With the Sony (and the R/S) the Windows 7 voice rec software has no trouble distinguishing SH3 voice commands from operating system commands. I haven't measured it, but I'd guess well under 1 in 100 commands......

Maybe that's the answer. I'm using the built in mic - I guess a headset's in order then.....

BigWalleye
08-25-13, 03:02 PM
Mr Softy recommends using a headset with their voice rec software. Dunno, but I guess built-ins are intended for internet voice and the like. For voice rec, I think the more noise rejection you can get, the better. (I think there are sets with active noise rejection in the mic circuit, although I haven't tried them.) I can tell ya that sound reproduction quality is no guarantee of good voice pickup. Neither is price. (My Logitech 960 cost more than the Sony and Shack units combined.) But IMO wireless is worth paying extra for.

@edwardallen: As IVV said, if the keyboard commands are working properly, then sh3speech is working. For the commands which involve mouse movement and clicking to work properly, you have to adapt the sh3speech .csv files to the modlist you are using. That's a bit technical and a bit tedious, but really worth the effort. IVV has described how it is done. You have to have a program which will read and edit Excel .csv files.