PDA

View Full Version : You May Be My Last Hope

Simmy
08-17-13, 07:23 PM
I am trying (in vain) to get that SweetFX program up and running.
But I will be damned if I can find the "sh4.exe" file. Even though it
must be somewhere in the Ubisoft folder. Search says its there, but where?
Can anyone help?

Thanks very much!

Capt_Morgan
08-17-13, 07:42 PM
Do you have a shortcut on your desktop for SH4? If so, right click on it and it will show you where it is..

Cheers

Simmy
08-17-13, 08:03 PM
Well that's the problem.
"C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\sh4.exe"

The problem is, when I go to the folder I can not find an exe. file anywhere.:/\\!!

grislyatoms
08-17-13, 08:24 PM
Can you see file extensions (like .exe) in any folder? If you can't, go to control panel, appearance and personalization, folder options, click the view tab at the top, and uncheck "hide file extensions for known file types". Click ok.

chris455
08-17-13, 08:29 PM
Slimmy,
If you have luck with this, will you let me know here? I was able to install SweetFX, But I could see no difference in graphics quality.
I hope you have better luck. :up:

Simmy
08-17-13, 08:42 PM
Can you see file extensions (like .exe) in any folder? If you can't, go to control panel, appearance and personalization, folder options, click the view tab at the top, and uncheck "hide file extensions for known file types". Click ok.

I did that with no luck. Then noticed a box unchecked with "show file extentions"
when I checked it, sh4.exe popped right up.
Thank you for setting me on the right course.:yeah: Guess I should of mentioned that I use XP.:oops:

grislyatoms
08-17-13, 09:23 PM
I did that with no luck. Then noticed a box unchecked with "show file extentions"
when I checked it, sh4.exe popped right up.
Thank you for setting me on the right course.:yeah: Guess I should of mentioned that I use XP.:oops:

Glad I could help!:salute:

in_vino_vomitus
08-17-13, 10:16 PM
I love the smell of Win in the morning :)

Simmy
08-18-13, 12:09 AM
Well I got SweetFX running.
I am amazed at the difference, and I haven't got it really setup, Just fooling around with it.
The colors look so much richer and everything seems so much clearer.
I will be dumping nVidia Inspector tomorrow.:up:

sabot
08-18-13, 01:21 AM
It's a App file

andycts
08-18-13, 03:28 AM
Never heard of this sweetFX before.may have to give it a try myself

Fish40
08-18-13, 08:20 AM
Yes, SweetFx is a powerful tool. Good tutorials on YouTube on how to use and set up. Look for the videos by "Adipose". He shows what this tool can do by using Border Lands and Batman as examples. You could tweak just about every graphic option you could think of. A word of advice. Turn off any in game FXAA options. In SH4, turn off the Post Process Filters. By using the SweetFx hotkey (forgot what it is) you could turn it on or off at will in game, and see the difference. Also, as far as I know, the tool only works for DX based games, not Open GL. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed!:yep:

Captain Dave
08-18-13, 09:16 AM
How about a before and after pic or two?

grislyatoms
08-18-13, 09:28 AM
I am amazed at the difference, and I haven't got it really setup, Just fooling around with it.

Hmm, I may have to give it a try.

Simmy
08-18-13, 09:48 AM
How about a before and after pic or two?

I took a couple. But again this is not really setup, I just turned on some options and that's it. But you can see the different right out of the box.

http://i753.photobucket.com/albums/xx172/SinnedR/Office_zpsea7bcce6.jpg[/URL]

This is with the spiltscreen turn on. The right side is with - the left is without. Notice the back wall and the map. they are so clear and the colors pop compared to the left.

http://i753.photobucket.com/albums/xx172/SinnedR/CommandRoom_zps37a6c198.jpg (http://s753.photobucket.com/user/SinnedR/media/CommandRoom_zps37a6c198.jpg.html)

This is a little harder to see. But notice the dial over his head. the right is much sharper and the right is more dense in coclor.
I can't wait to get it setup and running.

bulk634
08-22-13, 07:58 PM

What is Sweet FX? How do I download it?:)

Simmy
08-22-13, 11:45 PM
What is Sweet FX? How do I download it?:)

It is an image improvement mod, of sorts.
Get it here: www.guru3d.com

Then you will need the SweetFX Configurator, get it here: sweetfx.thelazy.net
I use the "stand alone" version.

Then watch this video as to how to make it work.
http://youtu.be/v21m_p7d2A4 Maybe watch the video first and get a sense of what it does.

It really is cool.:cool: