PDA

View Full Version : Submarine Roleplay?

Clean Sweep
08-17-13, 09:26 AM
Looking to see here who would be interested in participating in a turn-based story style role play involving submarines?

The basic plot would be it's WWII and we'll stick to the Pacific Theater for now to see how successful it is. Players may take command of a US submarine, Japanese submarine, or anti-submarine warfare ships from either side. We would set specific game parameters and I would serve as the game moderator. With it being turned based, there would be no confusion. We would have two game moderators, one for the US and one for Japan, they will assign patrols, tasks, and missions to their fellow players to complete. This can including sinking NPC shipping, or seeking out other players for battle in the open waters.

We can decide on a specific year and timeline or just have everything between 1939 and 1945 up for grabs.

Anyone interested?

c13Garrison
08-17-13, 10:54 AM
I would have been interested in theory, but I stopped playing mmo's because I was tired of getting screwed over by folks purporting to be my friends. If I befriend someone, they're my friend, they're not anything less because I only know them through the Net. So, my creative energies find their release on the stories I write.

Anyway, I don't think I'm interested, but I am more curious about the mechanics you envision. Would it be multiplayer, or all solo and only tied together by your moderators? What "connection" would your players have with each other's characters? A Japanese destroyer captain would have no format to interact with an American sub captain.

Curious to know more, when you've the time.