PDA

View Full Version : Graphics....stumped.

chris455
08-15-13, 10:00 PM
Ok, I'm reaching out. I am just befuddled by the fact that I cannot adjust the graphics in SH4 in any way, other than to use the in-game graphics controls.

Nvidia control panel has no effect whatsoever, nor does Nvidia inspector. I have created profiles using sh4.exe in both, and no matter what I try, only the in-game graphics options have an effect.

I have an old copy of the sim. I do not use steam. I am patched up to 1.5 and run mods. I have a Ge Force GTX 580 with 3 gigs of RAM. I know my Nvidia drivers are not the latest, but are less than 6 months old.

When I say they have no effect, I mean, NONE. I read the thread regarding Nvidia tweaks, and get very enthusiastic about experimenting as others have done, but something is preventing me from creating a profile the graphics tools like Inspector will recognize.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks in advance-
Chris

Capt_Morgan
08-16-13, 01:20 AM
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128517

Fish40
08-16-13, 06:07 AM
You could look up the SweetFx graphics tool, and set that up. I use that for several games, including SH4, and it makes a huge difference. Look on YouTube for some instructional videos and see what it can do. Easy to use and set up.

chris455
08-16-13, 11:36 AM
Thanks Captain Morgan and Fish-
Captain, I have read that thread, in fact, it was that very thread that made me explore using Inspector- but thanks for replying in any case :up:

Fish- downloaded and installed SweetFX, enabled FXAA with the software switches...............and same result. I see absolutely no difference in the game. :wah:
It is as if somehow the graphics are locked and can only be tweaked using the in game controls.
Oh well, thanks for the replies, gents!
Chris

BrucePartington
08-16-13, 01:12 PM
It just occurred to me that if the relevant graphic files are within the SH4 folder, by default inside the Program Files folder, you might need to set user permissions in order for your graphics tweaking software to be allowed to change those files.

One thing I've learned from all the tales of woe posted in this forum is that no two computers / OS setups are alike, and no solution is universal.

Simmy
08-16-13, 05:20 PM
I just posted a short while back that I took a screenshot using nVidia Control Panel, one using nVidia Inspector, and one using a gobal profile and I could see no difference between the three.:o
Surely one would think there would be some difference. But there is not.:88)