PDA

View Full Version : Small glitch report, Message Traffic

c13Garrison
07-23-13, 08:10 AM
I'm underway with my 3rd career, and have made it to my 4th patrol (after my first visit to Truk, about ready to document), but noticed something odd on the last mission. I received the Doolittle Raid notification 4 times, in place of the Coral Sea, Midway, and one other report. It doesn't affect game-play though so I kept going. Is this common?

Also, what is with the unexplained behavior of some destroyer captains, who seem to have something personal against someone on the beach, repeatedly charging and then backing up full speed so they can charge again? I'm surprised commanders that unbalanced could even get into the service. :O:

Seriously- what command or incident happens to cause this? I've never seen a ship recover from this behavior, and it is not un-common to see close ashore ships do this.

1_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5
1_TMO_25_small_patch
RSRDC_TMO_V502
Fixed Zero Bomb Load RSRDC
LST_TMO_v2
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
Improved Stock Environment_v3_TMO&RFB
Submarine Hull Numbers
TDW_Ship_Plane_Fire_Damage_v1_3_SH4
Easier AI for TMO 2.5 by Orpheus

HertogJan
07-23-13, 03:18 PM
I'm underway with my 3rd career, and have made it to my 4th patrol (after my first visit to Truk, about ready to document), but noticed something odd on the last mission. I received the Doolittle Raid notification 4 times, in place of the Coral Sea, Midway, and one other report. It doesn't affect game-play though so I kept going. Is this common?

Also, what is with the unexplained behavior of some destroyer captains, who seem to have something personal against someone on the beach, repeatedly charging and then backing up full speed so they can charge again? I'm surprised commanders that unbalanced could even get into the service. :O:

Seriously- what command or incident happens to cause this? I've never seen a ship recover from this behavior, and it is not un-common to see close ashore ships do this.

1_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5
1_TMO_25_small_patch
RSRDC_TMO_V502
Fixed Zero Bomb Load RSRDC
LST_TMO_v2
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
Improved Stock Environment_v3_TMO&RFB
Submarine Hull Numbers
TDW_Ship_Plane_Fire_Damage_v1_3_SH4
Easier AI for TMO 2.5 by Orpheus

Is this your install order?

I'd go with:
1 _ TMO 2.5
2 _ TMO small patch
3 _ Easier AI for TMO 2.5
4 _ RSRD
5 _ RSRD V5xx patch
6 _ Fix zero bomb load
7 _ LST TMO
8 _ ISE v3
9 _ TDW ship plane fire damage
10_ Sub hull Nr

The first 5 in that order for sure, 7 and 9 might be a problem but I don't know.. Seems to me they both change ships dynamics to fit the intended result (each in their own way of course). Maybe someone can fill in that gap.

fireftr18
07-23-13, 10:06 PM
The Dolittle raid thing. That is either a bug or feature (depending on your point of view) of the game. When you save out of port, leave the game, then come back, you may get repeated messages of something that happened before the save.
The ship ramming the beach thing is a known bug. Apparently, the ship wants to go to the other side but the game dynamics get confused and try to send the ship through the land.

:k_confused:

merc4ulfate
07-23-13, 10:15 PM
You should see in your documentation that these four should be first

1 _ TMO 2.5
2 _ TMO small patch
3 _ RSRD
4 _ RSRD V5xx patch

Nothing should be in the middle of these ... also make sure that you the exact, correct, absolutely right files .... there are multiple rsrd mods but only one for the latest TMO. I had been running an older rsrd with tmo and it messed it up. I got the correct files and all was good.

c13Garrison
07-23-13, 11:00 PM
Ok, thank you for the order clarification. I'll keep an eye on things, but if the Doolittle message is an out-of-port saving issue, I'll probably leave it as is. I haven't detected anything else strange going on, and I don't want to risk screwing things up. I generally see my computer as some kind of diabolical witchcraft going on, and the less I fiddle the better for all concerned. :dead:

TorpX
07-24-13, 12:08 AM
I generally see my computer as some kind of diabolical witchcraft going on, and the less I fiddle the better for all concerned. :dead:
Yeah, your computer is a lot like my computer. :haha: