PDA

View Full Version : How to make torpedo tubes less vulnerable

Bubblehead1980
07-11-13, 11:14 PM
Okay, this is an issue that has long annoyed me in TMO.Torpedo tubes seem especially vulnerable to destruction during depth charge attacks.Worse, they will be destroyed and it wont let you know, they are destroyed but it doesnt show up on dc screen. Now some GD bug has spring up where it wont let t be repaired at sea, even by the mr fix it, who is supposed to be able to repair anything, this used to not be an issue but it's spriug up for some reason.Anyone else have it? Really thinking I will just make the stern tubes unable to be damaged, much like the rudder, just sick of EVERYTIME they get busted, its a bit much.Charges are not even that close.I could see damage but destroyed every time?

TorpX
07-12-13, 01:23 AM
Are you sure it is a TMO bug? I had something similer happen to me playing RFB.

All four tubes on my S-boat became inoperable! I couldn't figure out why or any way to fix them. I ended up going home with all my torpedos and zero tonnage. Not a good patrol.:O:
Perhaps the damadge was from a deep test dive or from rough weather- never figured it out.

Like with your experience, there was no indicated damage on the screen, and therefore, nothing I could fix. The only clue I had was that there was no sound of the tube doors opening when that was attempted.