PDA

View Full Version : Patch for 1.4 Error (Detected no previous Silent HunterIV installed)

Walsingham
07-07-13, 10:43 PM
Hi

So recently I have tried to install patch 1.4 for Silent Hunter 4 since the stadimeter caused me to crash every time I use it. When I installed, it gave me an error saying

"The setup has detected that no version of Silent hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific is installed.

This update requires that a previous version of the application be installed."

I am using Vista and the game is also in the E: drive. I tried searching the forums but only found one thread which did not help. Anyone provide me with a solution?

Webster
07-07-13, 11:18 PM
select the location to install so it can find it.

the patch is looking for it in the default install location in the programs directory so you have to tell it where to look

Walsingham
07-07-13, 11:32 PM

the patch is looking for it in the default install location in the programs directory so you have to tell it where to look

I am quite sorry since I am not very technologically literate. What exactly do you mean by that? As soon as the patch thing loads up the first bar it comes up with the error.

pcohen
07-08-13, 04:12 AM

Dont know if this any help.

I've have just Installed Patch 1.4 to a totally new SH 4 Install and it seems to work Perfectly.

Was told the other Day that Patch 1.4 will not work wth a Previously Installed Version of SH 4.

Regards

Paul.

Walsingham
07-08-13, 01:09 PM
Dont know if this any help.

I've have just Installed Patch 1.4 to a totally new SH 4 Install and it seems to work Perfectly.

Was told the other Day that Patch 1.4 will not work wth a Previously Installed Version of SH 4.

Regards

Paul.

Hmm doesn't Ubisoft say it can be installed onto any version of SH 4 though?