PDA

View Full Version : JSGME + SH4 as Image = Problems?

GrafDodiko
07-02-13, 08:56 AM
Hey everyone, great Forum!

I recently reinstalled SH4 WotP Gold Edition as Image on my Laptop ('cause no Optical Drive).
But everytime I use a Mod with JSGME the game will crash.
Is this a known problem or do I have to change something?
Thanks for your help and time.

J.

Hitman
07-02-13, 01:14 PM
What DVD version are you running, US, EMEA, EU?

GrafDodiko
07-03-13, 01:35 AM
What DVD version are you running, US, EMEA, EU?

Hi Hitman,
EU, I guess since I bought it in Germany.

I use Daemon Tools light to mount the Image. No cracks or anything, just a DVD Image.

Thanks!

Webster
07-03-13, 11:52 AM
Hi Hitman,
EU, I guess since I bought it in Germany.

I use Daemon Tools light to mount the Image. No cracks or anything, just a DVD Image.

Thanks!

which store did you buy it from? that could help us figure this out

Hitman
07-03-13, 04:07 PM
Also, does it happen with any mod, or only specifically with ones that tweak f.e. effects, environment, or 3D stuff? (Trying to trace it to eventual graphics card issue like not enough memory, etc)

R#inhardt
08-26-13, 08:58 AM
Hi there,

I have the same problem, made an image of SH4 (just before I moved and then lost nearly half my games), the image is playable (use an anti-blacklisting tool as well) as I am using Deamon Tools lite on Windows 7 64 bit ultimate edition. My GPU is a Nvidia 295GTX, so memory should not be the problem.

I have also found that I can not patch this image of mine to even patch 1.1.

I bought the original at Incredible Connection is Polokwane, South Africa about two years ago. JGSME also makes my copy unworkable.

Rockin Robbins
08-26-13, 12:14 PM
It's definitely not supposed to run in the configuration you have it. If you're able to get it to work you'll have to do some real questionable tweaking. SecuROM is going to take one look at your virtual optical drive and shut you down, even though you are a legal owner and player of the game. I'd just buy an external optical drive.