PDA

View Full Version : SH4 Gold config/save game edit question

palass33
06-26-13, 03:30 PM
Hello fellow subber's. I have a question about editing config files and/or save game files. First, does SH4 Gold even have save game files? I have looked in the usual places where they were in SH3 but to no avail. I'm interested in changing some things so I can train up. Its been a looong time since I've played lol. Any help would b greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

Pisces
06-26-13, 06:38 PM
Savegames are in the same place as in SH3, ..except they are in a folder named SH4.... in (My) Documents of your windows account.

Stealhead
06-26-13, 09:05 PM
What are you trying to change?

ActiveUserplayerUnits.upc is the file you want to work with but there are many things you can do.For example you can adjust the number of officers and petty officers in your crew.I usually change this because they count senior enlisted men as officers and I feel that it limits your crew too much so I increase the officers allotment and the petty officers to a higher value to allow for a more balanced crew

Besides that you could add nearly anything to your boat equipment wise.

You can also adjust Gameplaysettings.cfg if you want some practice say maybe you want to switch off a limitation like fuel or batteries temporally you can adjust it there and then set it back to the original settings.

If you are not already you should go ahead and try some of the supermods as they add in things that where in SH3 like the navigation officer telling you the maximum range at current speed.All of the supermods of course can be adjusted in difficulty if you want some training wheels.

You have the Gold edition so I would recommend for Pacific US Navy subs "Real Fleet Boat"(RFB) and Trigger Maru Overhauled(TMO) they both add much to the game but in different ways(they can not be run together) it is best to try both and see which one best suits your tastes.For U-boats you must try "Operation Monsoon" it covers U-boat operations through the world during WWII including of course "Operation Monsoon" but with the mod you get the additional fun of having to sail all the way from France to the Far East with a patrol and refueling rendezvous in route.