PDA

View Full Version : MISSION QUESTION PLEASE.

pcohen
06-11-13, 07:15 AM
Hi everybody.

I keep getting the same Mission over and over again.

Insert Agent into Guam.

I have left Pearl Harbour 4 times now on same Mission and completed all 4 missions and returned to Pearl Harbour and Docked.

but when starting again, get the same Mission again.

Any help or suggestions Please.

Regards

Paul.

fireftr18
06-11-13, 02:38 PM
Are you running stock? Stock will do that sometimes. Next time, after your mission, instead of going back to base, find a place, do a patrol, and try to find something and sink it. That may help.:arrgh!:

Redmane
06-11-13, 09:27 PM
When out on patrol, there's no need to limit yourself to one mission or patrol area. Once you've completed your initial mission, you can make your way to another area, then send off a status report. You will receive a radio message for a new assignment right away, unless you are out of torpedos. Then the message will say you may patrol another area of your choice or return to base. If you want to stay out longer, you have the option of heading to a submarine tender or perhaps Midway or some other harbor to rearm and refuel the boat.

TorpX
06-11-13, 11:42 PM
I would go along with what the others have said, and add this. The game is less than brilliant when it comes to assigning missions (among other things). If I get a mission which is extremely difficult, impossible, or just plain doesn't make sense, I consider that the orders were "garbled in transmission", and ignore them.

If you fulfill one, or maybe two, assigned missions, and work your patrol area well (meaning you sink some ships), that is a good patrol, historically.

pcohen
06-12-13, 02:55 AM
Hi everybody, thanks for all your replies.

Great help, often wondered whether I could go off somewhere else after completing Mission.

Many thanks

Paul.

BrucePartington
06-12-13, 06:03 AM
You're not alone here. My 2 cents of rant. Last night was the 5th (yes, fifth) time I was sent to Rabaul to "spy" on aircraft carriers. Not back-to-back, but once in every patrol.
But I can't complain much, since there is an upside to it:
a) every time the DD's present a slightly higher challenge;
b) sinking 2 carriers adds greatly to tonnage;
c) there is always an interesting convoy arriving at Rabaul bay on my way out, I just have to be quick about scoring a hit before the convoy "despawns";

On my 3rd "carrier spy" mission, a large convoy sailed into the bay. It was a pitch black night. While I was working to position my boat for an attack, fog came down too. I managed to hit a large cargo vessel with 2 torps, which weren't enough. So I fired a 3rd torp. Before the torp hit the target, the whole convoy "despawned" :/\\!!
How do I know, if there was thick fog all around? All the sonar lines slowly faded into oblivion. I moved into their last known positions, and there was nothing there. Boy I felt cheated.

Diopos
06-13-13, 02:13 PM
This was a "standard" problem (bug actually) in earlier stock versions. "Patch up" the game to version 1.4 at least.

CalolinaCoyote
06-22-13, 04:40 PM
I had a mission to deliver supplies to Formosa.

pcohen
07-04-13, 01:59 PM
This was a "standard" problem (bug actually) in earlier stock versions. "Patch up" the game to version 1.4 at least.

Is this an additional Purchase please.

Also i note that when you get a Medal you only get it once, with some previous versions you had a Star added to the medal Ribbon for times awarded.

At the moment still repeating same mission with same Medal result each time since 11th June.

in_vino_vomitus
07-04-13, 04:05 PM
here's the patch to v1.4

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=8

TorpX
07-04-13, 08:07 PM
Is this an additional Purchase please.

I would purchase v1.5 (preferably the "Gold Edition" on disc). That will allow you to use the latest mods and provide you the best possible game.

Red October1984
07-05-13, 01:54 AM
On my 3rd "carrier spy" mission, a large convoy sailed into the bay. It was a pitch black night. While I was working to position my boat for an attack, fog came down too. I managed to hit a large cargo vessel with 2 torps, which weren't enough. So I fired a 3rd torp. Before the torp hit the target, the whole convoy "despawned" :/\\!!
How do I know, if there was thick fog all around? All the sonar lines slowly faded into oblivion. I moved into their last known positions, and there was nothing there. Boy I felt cheated.

That's a new kind of bad luck...

Ah...Bad Luck Bruce....what are we going to do with you? :03:

Archer7seven
07-06-13, 02:42 PM
Sounds like the allies need better agents.