PDA

View Full Version : TMO 2.5, missing periscope.

Archer7seven
06-03-13, 10:00 PM
TMO 2.5 looks amazing, I appreciate the keybnoard mapping to mirror that of SH3, but on the first time out, the F4 shortcut does nothing. I can raise the scope, but I can't access the scope.

Assistance is very much appreciated, thank you.

les green01
06-04-13, 03:52 PM
are you just using tmo or are you using any other mods

Archer7seven
06-04-13, 06:27 PM
Just TMO. I don't use other mods with mega mods.

Father Goose
06-04-13, 07:12 PM
Are you raising the attack scope or the observation scope?
I'm not in my sub right now but I thought the attack scope was F3 not F4. The observation scope is the letter "O". Try those and see if it helps.

razark
06-04-13, 07:16 PM
F4 takes you to the bridge (or does nothing, if you are submerged) and F3 would be the periscope, I think.

Father Goose
06-04-13, 07:26 PM
Archer, you may want to surface and have your crew "line up" for inspection and go down all the "F" keys to verify what they do. Then go over the whole keyboard.

And by the way, TMO 2.5 is amazing. Ducimus did a great job! :yeah:

les green01
06-04-13, 07:52 PM
it is F3 but if you hit F1 the help says F4

Armistead
06-04-13, 08:06 PM
You can always use the periscope tab or just click on the scope itself. Been awhile since I've played, so forgetting exact keys. Also, I think the pgup and pgdw will work raise/lower scope as you push them. I find this comes in handy, because I can raise the scope or lower it to just below the waterline, instead of all the way down in the tube. Sometimes those several seconds come in handy during an attack.

Stealhead
06-04-13, 08:42 PM
it is F3 but if you hit F1 the help says F4

That is because the help tab shows the keys for the original game.

In the file that TMO2.5 unzipped into you should have seen an image called keyboard_layout this will in fact be the card that came with SH3 because the mappings are the same.This was done because most players are legacy from SH3 which had a more intuitive mapping.

F3 is your attack scope
F4 is bridge
F2 is the command room

To get to the all important conning tower you must either left click on the hatch located on the command room ceiling or on the hatch on the deck of the bridge.You can also when going from a higher to a lower station simply press the right mouse button.

Other useful commands are
D- dive the dives planes will set to a steep angle until you select a depth on the depth gauge or press A the sub will keep diving.

A- maintain depth sets the depth to the current point if you are descending or ascending it may take a few moments for the diving officer to adjust

U- brings up the TBT the targeting binoculars located on the bridge.

EDIT: upon quick in game inspection I suspect that the OP or whom ever is seeing the stock help menu in game does not have TMO 2.5 properly installed because for me
when I open the help tab it shows the TMO specific controls not the stock ones.