PDA

View Full Version : Applying patches to the STEAM version of SH4

Generis71
06-03-13, 06:10 PM
Hi folks.

I was surprised to find that the Steam version of SH4 was only version 1.3 and the highest patch you can get is 1.5

Seems weird that Steam can't get games updated to the latest patch, but I wondered if you could add patches to the Steam version. If not I might get the dvd version instead, as I'm guessing that to get the best out of SH4 it needs patching up.

Thanks for any feedback.

Karl

Webster
06-03-13, 07:55 PM
patch version 1.4 is a free download from ubisoft but its redundant now since most everyone buys v1.5 but its a pay for patch you have to buy extra.

steam screws people by not telling them and now you have to buy the gold edition version of the game to get patch 1.5 or buy the ad-on patch to update it to v1.5. they win either way because they get more of your money.

do the smart thing and buy the gold edition DVD version of the game that comes with the v1.5 ad-on included. in the end it costs about the same as if you were just buying the ad-on buy itself if you look around and find a good price

Generis71
06-04-13, 01:36 AM
Thankyou for the update.. that's helped me out a lot.

Good hunting!

Karl

:subsim:

Sharkey
06-04-13, 02:43 AM
Amazon UK are selling the Gold edition for £9.99, includes the uboat missions.

I ordered the uboat missions add on and got sent the Gold in place of for same price, a good deal!
Dont forget to buy thru the Subsim link! :D :up: