PDA

View Full Version : Will my grandma be able to sink a ship?

Vince82
05-17-13, 04:56 AM
Because she thinks the zuma marble game is getting old.

She doesnt know how a compass works or that it has 360 degrees.

Will she be able to sink a ship in SHO?

troopie
05-17-13, 07:56 AM
Idk, you tell us. :O:

TorpX
05-17-13, 08:07 PM
I don't see why not. :haha:

Vince82
05-23-13, 06:11 PM
Edit: The tutorial is just long and boring. It's a mess. People just want to play the game and they learn by trying themselves. But after the tutorial it gets a lot better, many tool tips and a big question which leads to the manual and Q&A. Also the game is best played full screen, but by default it is not and that can make things very difficult.

Because of this SHO is not accessible for people that are new to submarine games and just like to try it and see what it's like. Really the question mark should lead directly to a link of a short vid on how to sink a ship. And one more: How to get to my target and back to base.

About everybody can play this game the controls are good, except it might be unclear how to raise the periscope and how to get to the bridge view (the control is hidden behind a window).

Edit 2:

Blue Byte is planning to add both tutorial vids and advanced tactics:

http://www.twitch.tv/silent_hunter_online_live/videos?kind=past_broadcasts

desertstriker
05-23-13, 10:03 PM
I think it might be as comical as watching my grandma use a computer; may she rest in peace.

Blackwidow522
01-23-14, 08:24 PM
Ok so since i saw this Thread I tested this with my grandma and she didn't sink anything :down: but i took controls and sunk the merchant and after few mins. she sunk one and i was pretty impressed in my grandma :rock:

clwydian
02-04-14, 01:23 PM
Grandma?

Well, get real close, set her depth to 1m and keep magnetic switched off might be worth a try.