PDA

View Full Version : SHO Wolfpack missions dev video

Sonarman
03-29-13, 02:44 PM
A new dev video (http://uk.gamespot.com/events/gdc-2013/video.html?sid=6406115) has appeared showing a co-operative Wolfpack attack.

Méo
03-29-13, 10:51 PM
Wow! always so realistic... :nope:

Dönitz ordered to shadow convoys until night then a grouped attack on surface.

Seem so hard to realize. :down:

Sonarman
03-30-13, 06:28 AM
To be fair David did state that he was not taking a recommended / wise attack strategy presumably to make the gameplay/destroyers response more visible than a night attack would appear in a video.

Sailor Steve
03-30-13, 09:00 AM
I have to admit it was fun seeing a coordinated attack being done. Of course in real life they couldn't talk to each other like that, but if it's just for fun, then who am I to argue?

Méo
03-30-13, 09:23 AM
To be fair David did state that he was not taking a recommended / wise attack strategy presumably to make the gameplay/destroyers response more visible than a night attack would appear in a video.

:hmmm: ah ok

Didn't see it all, I just got impatient after all Ubi used to offer.

And seriously I'm really not very positive about all that, I mean this game is enough time consuming like that, I don't think I'm willing to wait for others to get into position, make their fire solution, escape destroyers, etc.

I don't know, I feel like it would takes really too much time. I'll get back to work in 2 weeks, and I don't see how I could have time for this.

I'll check to see what others will say about it, but I don't expect anything good. :-?

Flyinglensman
03-31-13, 07:56 AM
Great Stuff. Wolfpack mod is something I have been waiting for

BigBANGtheory
04-08-13, 08:23 AM
I liked the look of the kriegsmarine map, and of course the ability to bring in friends into a wolfpack engagement as a feature. Seriously though where is the immersion here the sense of peril or achievement?

SH5.1 as the client component of SHO is surely the better way forward, I'd happily pay for that.