PDA

View Full Version : New forum: Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations

Onkel Neal
03-02-13, 09:02 AM
http://www.warfaresims.com/images/forumsigs/Sig20.jpg
Requested new forum for Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations (http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=1101): Open, despite the Sequester. :shucks:

Sunburn
03-02-13, 09:14 AM
Great news!

We've just demonstrated a new powerful addition (http://www.warfaresims.com/?p=1763) and there is more to come.

Sailor Steve
03-02-13, 10:26 AM
Cool! :sunny:

Red October1984
03-02-13, 12:45 PM
OOOOHHH! A new forum for a new subsim! WOOO!!!

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Happy that this genre has another entry...

raymond6751
03-04-13, 04:03 PM
This isn't even available yet!

:down:

Sunburn
03-04-13, 04:50 PM
Never happened before or after right :)

Most people see this as an opportunity BTW :salute:

Gorshkov
05-23-13, 10:39 AM
Few guys have been developing this game for seven years. Let's hope this year they will finish it. Good Harpoon descendant is very welcome.

Sunburn
05-23-13, 11:08 AM
This game has not been in development for seven years. In fact it was first revealed in 2010.

It's not a variation of Harpoon, it's a from-scratch effort that has taken some ideas from Harpoon but also many other ideas from other games and numerous twists never done before.

And it absolutely, overwhelmingly, devastatingly rocks. Our volunteer beta folks have long forgotten any other free-time activity.

Gorshkov
05-23-13, 11:20 AM
Maybe Command was revealed in 2010 but it seems to me you were working on it since 2006 when AGSI banned you from Harpoon 3 ANW development. :D

I didn't mean Command is Harpoon's variation of any kind. I think Command is brand-new successor (that's better word than "descendant") of 25 years old game both graphically and in terms of reality. So I impatiently wait for your rocking game. Let's hope it arrives before Christmas. :rock:

Sunburn
05-23-13, 01:04 PM
Command development did not begin in 2006, and we were not (indeed _could not be_) banned from ANW development as we were never part of the ANW dev team to begin with. All of that is in the past, and our vision and work are to the bright future.

We are currently aiming for a 2013 release. Those who have been following us know we take our time to get it right. Those without patience can try out other games that launched early and sunk under their own immaturity.

Thanks for your support!

Richard G
07-17-13, 03:31 PM
Looks great. But, Matrix is publishing? They charge WAY too much. If this is 60-80 dollars, I wont be buying.

Sunburn
07-17-13, 03:43 PM
How about discussing known things about the game instead of speculating on unknowns? :D

Father Goose
07-17-13, 06:41 PM
I love this type of game...grand strategy.
I'll buy it no matter the cost. Coming soon I hope. :up:

Sunburn
07-18-13, 02:05 AM
It's coming soon indeed, but grand strategy it's probably not :)

Kaye T. Bai
07-22-13, 09:45 AM
It's coming soon indeed, but grand strategy it's probably not

Indeed. It appears to be more similar to the Harpoon games of yore. No detailed 3D engine (except for the globe model), so it's not going to be like NWAC or Fleet Command, for better or for worse.

Sunburn
07-22-13, 10:55 AM
We think it's for the better :)

LemonA
07-27-13, 01:03 PM
I am looking forward to a fully functional evaluation demo within a small restricted area ;)

In the subject of pricing i expect from warfaresims the worst.

Sunburn
07-27-13, 01:13 PM
I think both these items are up to our publisher :)

Richard G
09-24-13, 09:13 AM
Well looky there, just as I thought, $80 buck for this game, $95 if you want a CD with it.

Matrix are out of their minds.

DAB
09-24-13, 10:14 AM
Well looky there, just as I thought, $80 buck for this game, $95 if you want a CD with it.

Matrix are out of their minds.

I respectfully disagree. This came up on the forum a year or two ago when people were speculating on a new Sonylists Subsim.

Basically those types of games with limited graphics and hyper-realism are only ever going to appeal to a very narrow niche. But it's a niche group who are likely to part with a lot of cash for the right product. I remember someone saying they would happily spend over $100 for a hyper realistic and customisable subsim.

It's much steeper then I would normally consider spending, but if the reviews Command are as good as the product looks then its a price I will happily pay.

DAB

Sunburn
09-24-13, 10:24 AM
The first previews & reviews are in:

http://news.usni.org/2013/09/24/game-review-command-worthy-successor-harpoon

http://www.informationdissemination.net/2013/09/its-game-time-command-modern-air-naval.html

Chief
09-24-13, 10:25 AM
Looking forward to this one. Hope they abbreviate the Title.

Chief

Sunburn
09-24-13, 10:26 AM
We once had someone suggest "Debbie Does Falklands". It was a good laugh.

Piiman
09-24-13, 11:58 AM
I respectfully disagree. This came up on the forum a year or two ago when people were speculating on a new Sonylists Subsim.

Basically those types of games with limited graphics and hyper-realism are only ever going to appeal to a very narrow niche. But it's a niche group who are likely to part with a lot of cash for the right product. I remember someone saying they would happily spend over $100 for a hyper realistic and customisable subsim.

It's much steeper then I would normally consider spending, but if the reviews Command are as good as the product looks then its a price I will happily pay.

DAB

When you price it like that you force it to be a niche market that only the hardcore will buy. I'm more of a casual war gamer and would have gladly bought it for 49.99 but 80.00+ NO WAY. If this was on Steam for 49.99 they would have sold more games in a day than Matrix will probably ever sell at that price.

Zander
09-24-13, 03:40 PM
Bought it today.:yep:

helm123
09-24-13, 09:32 PM
Too expensive for me. Best of luck to the developers but I don't see this moving many units.

Sunburn
09-25-13, 02:33 AM
Hi guys,

We are very happy both with the sales and even more important the reception & feedback we are getting. The vibe out there is nothing short of amazing.

We are perfectly fine with folks waiting to read reviews, hear opinions from their friends etc. before they buy, as we are now more certain than ever that they will like it (the reviewers/previewers already love it (http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=1917)). This is not a mainstream title with a limited shelf/spotlight life so we're not in a race to get lots of sales fast "or else". We're gonna be around literally for years.

We'd like to thank everyone who has liked our game regardless of whether they bought it (/are going to buy it) or not. The air/nav genre has been waiting for a title like this for more than a decade and the time has come. Truly a historic day!

Piiman
09-25-13, 08:17 AM
Hi guys,

We are very happy both with the sales and even more important the reception & feedback we are getting. The vibe out there is nothing short of amazing.

We are perfectly fine with folks waiting to read reviews, hear opinions from their friends etc. before they buy, as we are now more certain than ever that they will like it (the reviewers/previewers already love it (http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=1917)). This is not a mainstream title with a limited shelf/spotlight life so we're not in a race to get lots of sales fast "or else". We're gonna be around literally for years.

We'd like to thank everyone who has liked our game regardless of whether they bought it (/are going to buy it) or not. The air/nav genre has been waiting for a title like this for more than a decade and the time has come. Truly a historic day!

So how many got to the checkout/price pages and never finished buying? That might be a stat you should be interested in. But then again Matrix seems to be a company that enjoys overcharging war game fans and keeping the genre as a niche market for only the truly dedicated. Oh well the devs seem to have the same thought process so good luck. One of them on Youtube told me the game is a "love letter" to the genre fans and basically didn't care how many they sold to those that weren't their hardcore fans.

Herman
09-25-13, 09:06 AM
So how many got to the checkout/price pages and never finished buying? That might be a stat you should be interested in. But then again Matrix seems to be a company that enjoys overcharging war game fans and keeping the genre as a niche market for only the truly dedicated. Oh well the devs seem to have the same thought process so good luck. One of them on Youtube told me the game is a "love letter" to the genre fans and basically didn't care how many they sold to those that weren't their hardcore fans.

I agree that it will remain a niche market and that Matrix' activities will keep it so. However, they are not obligated to expand the market, either. If they want to remain a big fish in a small pond, that is their prerogative.

I think you also nailed the Dev attitude, too: Play the game this way and no other.

Sunburn
09-25-13, 10:22 AM

I'm the guy who responded to you and that's not what I "basically" said. Twisting a person's argument to fit your point is rude. Don't do that.

What I _did_ say, and what I have been consistently saying, is that:

1) We are addressing a very specific crowd: People who grok air/naval ops as we do. Are we interested in introducing more people into this? Yes. This doesn't mean we're targeting e.g. the GTA hordes (who will never be interested in such a game in the first place, regardless of price). Does this make us elitists? I don't think so.

2) We are not in a rush to sell x copies early. We're here for the long run. If someone buys Command on the first day, great. (Zander - have fun!). If they wait (because they are put off by the price) for reviews, comments from friends etc. and (later, possibly much later) they like it enough to buy it, great. If they don't like it enough, well, to each his own.

Is Command worth its price? We think it does. Many people agree. Others don't. Others are yet undecided, waiting to hear from others. This is exactly what happens with every new game on the market, whether it's a $3 mobile game or the $125 Steel Beasts.

I have no other comment on price. I am here to discuss the game.

Sunburn
09-25-13, 10:25 AM
Too expensive for me. Best of luck to the developers but I don't see this moving many units.

Thanks for the wish! We'll do our best.

biosthetique
09-25-13, 10:28 AM
How about discussing known things about the game instead of speculating on unknowns? :D

I like that guy!...A no no-sense thread!....The game might be good then!

I bought it today!

Sunburn
09-25-13, 10:29 AM

DAB

Take all the time you need to decide. We are confident you will like it.

We definitely don't anyone taking the plunge and then regretting it, so we consider it essential that all our potential customers make an informed choice.

Sunburn
09-25-13, 10:33 AM
I like that guy!...A no no-sense thread!....The game might be good then!

I bought it today!
Thanks for your preference!

We have a thread dedicated to first-time players to help them get started, here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/announcement.asp?id=26

You'll find tutorial videos, add-ons, additional scenarios and more.

Have fun!

biosthetique
09-25-13, 11:12 AM

DAB

The same issue also came up with games like Steel Beast Pro PE and VBS VTK (pro version of Arma), and some gamers buy those games, play them, communities are created around them, and private servers come up for force on force games.

For some gamers the game/price is not an issue when it touches their area of concentration.

mapuc
09-25-13, 01:00 PM
I'm a dedicated N.N -player(*). Have played FC for years, Dangerous Waters. So for me this new game is what I'm waiting for.

For me it is the price, I have to wait/save money to buy it. I have read enough about the game, to know what it is and what it can.

The are some few things that makes my "want-that-game" a little negative.

My graphic card(according to req, you need 128), I have 64

After a few month the dev team, get tired and turn they heads to something different, like they did in Naval War: Arctic Circle.

But mostly It is the graphic card that concern me most.

Markus

* I can't remember what a player that play such sim games.

Sunburn
09-25-13, 01:26 PM
I'm a dedicated N.N -player(*). Have played FC for years, Dangerous Waters. So for me this new game is what I'm waiting for.

For me it is the price, I have to wait/save money to buy it. I have read enough about the game, to know what it is and what it can.

The are some few things that makes my "want-that-game" a little negative.

My graphic card(according to req, you need 128), I have 64

After a few month the dev team, get tired and turn they heads to something different, like they did in Naval War: Arctic Circle.

But mostly It is the graphic card that concern me most.

Markus

* I can't remember what a player that play such sim games.

The graphics RAM was a typo, IIRC it has been corrected. It doesn't really need more than 16-32MB.

On the second - not a chance. We've been into this for more than 20 years, I don;t think we'll grow tired of it any time soon :) . Our next project is not some racing game or whatnot, our next project is Command vNext.

We are far from being done here.

mapuc
09-25-13, 01:32 PM
The graphics RAM was a typo, IIRC it has been corrected. It doesn't really need more than 16-32MB.

On the second - not a chance. We've been into this for more than 20 years, I don;t think we'll grow tired of it any time soon :) . Our next project is not some racing game or whatnot, our next project is Command vNext.

We are far from being done here.

I can only guess what it could be

1. Some kind of a patch with some repair stuff

2. Multi player possibility

Makes me glad, so now I'm saving money to buy the game.

Markus

Fearless
10-08-13, 04:05 PM
Took 8 hrs to download it but definitely worth it.

Blacklight
10-18-13, 01:26 AM
Holy mother of pearl! I've been waiting for this game to come out since there was a tiny glimmer of "The Red Pill" way back in the day. It gets released and I see the price and it's WAY WAY WAY out of my price limit. My wife would KILL KILL me if I paid that much for anything, let alone a video game. We have enough financial problems than for me to blow $80. I MIGHT have been able to swing about half that but even that would have been pushing it.

I'm so sad right now. Maybe I'll find it discounted a few years from now. :wah:

Sunburn
10-18-13, 02:07 AM
The v1.01 update has been released, and resolves the most pressing issues reported by players: http://www.warfaresims.com/?p=1965

And we just had four new scenarios released: http://www.warfaresims.com/?p=1987

And lots more on the way!

biosthetique
10-18-13, 08:51 AM
Holy mother of pearl! I've been waiting for this game to come out since there was a tiny glimmer of "The Red Pill" way back in the day. It gets released and I see the price and it's WAY WAY WAY out of my price limit. My wife would KILL KILL me if I paid that much for anything, let alone a video game. We have enough financial problems than for me to blow $80. I MIGHT have been able to swing about half that but even that would have been pushing it.

You'll find it discounted on Steam within 6 month!

Sunburn
10-18-13, 09:02 AM

We are sorry that Command is out of your reach at the moment. We hope that you will soon be in a better financial position and when you do, we're confident that Command will win you over as it has done many others.

Thanks!

mapuc
10-18-13, 09:42 AM
Here's an advice to Blacklight

Put aside a few bucks every month. Maybe one day in the near future it could be that Matrix has a special sail out and you can get command for, let say, 50 $ and you have saved 25-30 $

I'm also saving, I put 10 dollars(ca 60 Dkr) aside every month

Maybe i get lucky and I can get it cheaper, maybe I have to save up to what it cost.

Markus

biosthetique
10-18-13, 11:09 AM
Here's an advice to Blacklight

Put aside a few bucks every month. Maybe one day in the near future it could be that Matrix has a special sail out and you can get command for, let say, 50 $ and you have saved 25-30 $

I'm also saving, I put 10 dollars(ca 60 Dkr) aside every month

Maybe i get lucky and I can get it cheaper, maybe I have to save up to what it cost.

Markus

And you could always, do as I did, since I did not like the product as I found myself misled by incorrect description, erased it from my HD and got the charges on my CC canceled.