PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Time Compression Key

GeetarMonkey
09-13-12, 01:35 AM
Ok... I've searched this thread for the holy grail ShKeyMapping program. The links appear broken. I have a Samsung Laptop with no number pad. I've been in the Data/Command/CFG file countless times. I've tried manually changing the key to (=) and various other keys. Nothing is working and I can't play the game without time compression. Please help... I'd love to play this game :)

BigWalleye
09-13-12, 07:19 AM
GeeEm, I have an M11X with the same problem. There are a couple of things you can do:

1. Use the mouse buttons directly below the time compression window in the extreme lower right. Not smooth, but workable.

2. Alter the key bindings by editing data/cfc/commands.cfg. Haven't tried it for the NumPad +, but I've remapped most everything else. It should work. Make sure that you don't install a mod over the top the overwrites commands.cfg - like RFB or TMO or OTC.

3. Invest $15 in a USB numberpad at WallyWorld (or BigBox of your choice). It will also give you a Backspace key (TC Normal) right on the numberpad where you need it. Easiest solution - not free, but not spendy either.

I had a further problem which led me to the last solution, one which you may have too. At native resolution, my gauges hid the deck gun crew slots on the Crew Status page, making the gun unusable. Everybody says this is an easy fix - the gauges, and the entire HUD, can be removes by pressing <beat> NumPad Del! Prolly could have remapped that in commands.cfg too, but that was before I had learned how to tweak the bindings.

There are solutions. Godspeed!

jldjs
09-13-12, 10:03 AM
I play almost exclusively on my MacBook Pro and had same need. I remapped my keyboard via the SHKeymapper and use the Shift/Delete combo for time compression, and Delete alone for return to normal. I have remapped others as well if you are interested.

BigWalleye
09-13-12, 11:29 AM
FYI, Silent Hunter Keymapper is available here:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20021647

Pisces
09-14-12, 08:19 AM
Are you sure you do not have a num-key pad (hidden) on your laptop's keyboard?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fn_key