PDA

View Full Version : Tracking Cam

swordfish1
09-02-12, 02:18 PM
Is there a mod to allow the external cam view in SH4 to "track" the sub, ie. stay locked onto it instead of using keys to keep following it?

Sailor Steve
09-02-12, 02:43 PM
The comma and period keys do that naturally. No mod needed.

torpedobait
09-03-12, 08:39 AM
The comma and period keys do that naturally. No mod needed.

I think he meant the Free Flying Camera (PF12).

Sailor Steve
09-03-12, 08:44 AM
I think he meant the Free Flying Camera (PF12).
He said "stay locked onto it instead of using keys to keep following it".

A Hidden Soul
09-03-12, 10:38 AM
I didn't even know this. Thanks for the share! It will be useful for video making.:D

grottski
09-03-12, 10:46 AM
On a somewhat related question, is there a way to have a "torpedo cam"? For some reason I remember AoD having one, not very realistic but a neat feature to be sure.

fireftr18
09-03-12, 10:29 PM
On a somewhat related question, is there a way to have a "torpedo cam"? For some reason I remember AoD having one, not very realistic but a neat feature to be sure.

In the realism settings, there is a toggle for "Event Camera." Just check that.

TwoGamers
09-04-12, 03:52 AM
Grottski I think attaching a camera to a torpedo is perfectly reasonable:D

Sailor Steve
09-04-12, 08:59 AM
SH2, for all of its awfulness, actually had a torpedo cam with its own hotkey. They just keep finding ways to make it worse.

Kloef
09-04-12, 01:01 PM
SH2, for all of its awfulness, actually had a torpedo cam with its own hotkey. They just keep finding ways to make it worse.

Ain't that the truth!

They also make it harder to find, hence this topic:rotfl2:

aanker
09-04-12, 02:38 PM
You might want to check out Fred's Camera mod - quite nice!

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=1227
This mod is an altered version of the Cameras.dat file which allows you to zoom in closer than the game does when using the "Unit view" (the "<" and ">" keys) of the Free Camera. It also increases the range of movement in the office in Career mode to 90 degrees up and down and side to side so now you can see the entire office, except for behind you, which is nothing but a black wall anyway.

There are three versions of this mod. They are:

FJB Camera Mod for Stock - This works with both the 1.4 and 1.5 versions.

FJB Camera Mod for Game Fixes Only Mod v1.1 - For use with Webster's excellent GFO Mod.

FJB Camera Mod for MaxOptics 3 - For use with CapnScurvy's periscope and gunsight mod.

Only the office and the unit view parameters have been changed, so all other functionality is retained when using the desired version with one of the other mods. If you choose to use both the GFO and MaxOptics mods, install GFO first, then MaxOptics, then the MaxOptics version of this mod.

I have chosen not to create an RFB or TMO versions. They have their own system for the unit view, which I couldn't figure out how to change anyway, and I didn't see the need for just changing the office view. If you prefer my unit view over their's, use either the Stock version, or install the MaxOptics mod, then that version of my mod. You will lose any other camera changes RFB or TMO make by doing this however.

Please note: I do not play the U-boat side, so I have no idea how or if this affects anything there.

Install using the JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler or extract the desired Cameras.dat file directly into Data\Library of your SH4 install. I suggest you rename the original Cameras.dat to Cameras.bak if using this method so you can restore it if needed later.

This update fixes a bad flicker problem on or near some ships waterlines.

Happy Hunting!