PDA

View Full Version : Questions

TwoGamers
08-26-12, 12:23 AM
I have just come back from playing SH3 and now Im starting to play SH4.
I have a few questions
1) Is their a mod that decreases the amount of planes because Im getting 15+ planes on me and they keep searching for me for hours.
2) Do you get renown deducted for not completing missions because their are a couple that you have to take a person to Japan and i dont want to die because there asking me to do something stupid.

fred8615
08-26-12, 01:54 PM
1) Is their a mod that decreases the amount of planes because Im getting 15+ planes on me and they keep searching for me for hours.
Webster's Better Air Patrols for v1.4 and v1.5 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=473) should help you.

2) Do you get renown deducted for not completing missions because their are a couple that you have to take a person to Japan and i dont want to die because there asking me to do something stupid.As far as I know, no. You just don't get the points for completing that part of the patrol.

Rockin Robbins
08-26-12, 03:19 PM
And please keep in mind that airplanes fly in certain corridors. If you're in there you will see flyovers.

But if you let a plane see you or, heaven forbid, mistake that laundry drier on the cigarette deck for an anti-aircraft gun:woot:, then actually use it as such, you've really stepped in it.

Even if you shoot down a plane or two, before they die they will be on the horn to their flyboy buddies ringing the dinner bell. And YOU're the main course.

Don't be seen by aircraft. If you find yourself in a flyover corridor, get out of it. If you follow those two rules, there's nothing wrong with SH4 aircraft. Real sub skippers would probably have loved to download Webster's mod too. But they couldn't.

Webster
08-26-12, 05:08 PM
one of the lines is from tokyo to pearl and the other is from tokyo to due south, in either of these two lines is never ending planes so avoid them, even with my mod you see lots of planes there but without my mod its bumper to bumper plane traffic on those lines.

TwoGamers
08-26-12, 06:37 PM
Anywhere I can find a map of the airways? It would be really helpful. Also thanks you've been really helpful.:salute:

Webster
08-26-12, 08:53 PM
Anywhere I can find a map of the airways? It would be really helpful. Also thanks you've been really helpful.:salute:

the airways arent mapped because they arent real they are just something thats in the game presumably to add dificulty to it.

its not like the shipping lanes where you can see the path ships took during the war.

the lines are as i stated, pearl to tokyo and tokyo straight down to formosa or something like that (cant remember) but its a line straight down from tokyo. those are the two super highways for planes

TwoGamers
08-26-12, 10:13 PM
Ok that's cool thx