PDA

View Full Version : New UI for SH4?

Optimus23
08-25-12, 09:41 AM
Hi there guys,

i was wondering, i just saw newUI from darkwraith for sh5 in sh4 in a video. Where do I find the mod for SH4? I checked the DL section and couldnt find any UI mods, does any more UI mods exist??

Is there a possibility to make changes to the TDC, when Im on the attack map? I started out with sh5 and there is a possibility, I dont know if it is only available with the newUI mod from DarkWraith. Never played the sh5 stock version :arrgh!:

Thanks in advance :salute:

Sorry for my bad english, im german :D

pabbi
08-25-12, 11:40 AM
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=252

I do not know the answer, but some one will come along and answer you.

Any way that is a link to the German forum. :up:

stanger
08-25-12, 11:42 AM
You're talking about SH4-like UI for SH5 (but if I am wrong then tell me, I would be interested in SH4 UI overhaul).
Redesigning SH4 UI would be a lot of hard work (only a little easier now, with SH5 menu editor); Ive never liked that windows like task bar on the bottom, but if you move it, change it or something, you most likely will have to redesign position keeper and all TDC (bacause it would get in the way in some screen resolutions), I think that is why no modder ever tried to do it, except for textures changes.

bulk634
08-25-12, 07:58 PM
Hi
I just wanted to say that I sure like this website and SH4 with the new mods and downloads makes it very great game.:-)

magic452
08-26-12, 12:30 AM
Welcome to the boat mates :salute: :salute:

There are mods that change the look of the UI but none that I know of that change the layout or format.

Magic

Optimus23
08-26-12, 10:33 AM
Hey guys,

finally back from work and back on the boat :)

Thank you very much for your reply!

I searched and searched and sadly didnt found anything.

I think ill have to stick with, changing the look of the UI.

I tried out OTC, it doesnt change the layout but youll get an option to manually put in the Range at the TDC.

If I come across some UI Mods ill tell you guys :sunny:

Now Im gonna sink some ships yayyyyyy:arrgh!: <---- I like that smiley

Webster
08-26-12, 12:51 PM
here is why, it wasnt needed, simple as that.

with sh5 the UI was very bad and arcade like so a major overhaul was desperately needed and universally agreed it must be done so it was.

with sh3 and sh4 they have decent and some will say very good UI for those games. the TMO and RFB mods make changes to the UI but nothing like a major overhaul of it. the menu options and keyboard keys are tweaked some and things like that as well as a lot of AI work.

if there is something you dont like then bring it up and in disgussing it, solutions or better understandings of why it needs to be like that can be figured out.

Optimus23
08-26-12, 11:30 PM
Hey Webster,

funny... i am using some of your mods :) Really Great Work, thanks for that :yeah:

Is GFO 1.1 containing all of your mods? Currently im trying to merge your GFO with OTC. It seems that it is working:sunny:

It would be great if i can download all of the mods one by one, not in the GFO Pack where I have to sort some things out. And that takes me to my next question, does GFO contain more fixes, than individual mods you posted in your Signature Link?

I like to muck around with the files and try to find the best combination that suits my playstyle.:ahoy::Kaleun_Sleep:

I like graphics alot and im always using Improved Stock Environment v3, it does work with GFO1.1, after some minor adjusments :up:

For the Interface, I think Ill stick with it. After 4 hours of playing i got used to it and it isnt that bad :)
As I said, I began with SH5 and I got used to the UI, now im playing SH4 and after severall hours I think SH4 UI is the better choice :)

For the question what I dont like about the interface is just one thing, when im on the nav map, i would like to programm the TDC, not just fire the torps and making the depth and offset changes. I like to play with the map and no visual contact, use my map tools to determine speed, etc. I dont want to switch over to the periscope to make the changes, switch back to the map etc.

I hope I translated everything understandable :smug:

Webster
08-27-12, 03:27 PM
Is GFO 1.1 containing all of your mods?

GFO has a lot of my mods but not all of them.

GFO has many mods from many different modders, look in the read me folder to see them all.

click on "my mods" in my sig to see all of my mods you can download seperately.

most people feel the UI in sh3 and sh4 is much better then sh5 and i think sh3 has a slight edge in popularity mainly because so many were used to it for years before sh4 and sh5 were made.

there are some things with the game that just arent suited for everyone so we all have quirks about the game we dont like so you arent alone there.

Optimus23
08-28-12, 10:45 AM
Aight, thank you very much Webster :)

I finally found the readme files :up: (should've took a closer look:D)