PDA

View Full Version : Just installed SH4 :) anyone have any nvidia settings?

f16falcon
08-22-12, 12:53 PM
Hi Guys,

Just installed SH4 really looking forward to getting started, anybody have any nvidia settings as i would like to up the graphics a bit...

Thanks

Hylander_1314
08-22-12, 05:45 PM
Check this page out in the Nvidia Stickied thread:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128517&page=26

A Hidden Soul
08-24-12, 10:02 AM
Stock has horrible graphics no matter how good your system is. Try this mods to help the graphics.

TMO + Improved Stock Environment (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=194657)

f16falcon
08-24-12, 10:15 AM
Awesome thanks! Does it just install into the data folder??

A Hidden Soul
08-24-12, 10:19 AM
Awesome thanks! Does it just install into the data folder??

You install it with using JSGME. You have the game with CD or Steam?

Better yet give me a path to your Sh4.

Example mine is E:/program files/steam/steamapps/common/sh4

You should always install other mods using JSGME for SH4.

f16falcon
08-24-12, 10:20 AM
CD installed onto PC....

f16falcon
08-24-12, 10:23 AM
ok got JSGME but havent a clue what to do lol!

A Hidden Soul
08-24-12, 10:28 AM
ok got JSGME but havent a clue what to do lol!

Haha, had a clue you were going to say that. OK, give me a path to your SH4 folder like my example is above.

Once you do that I can give further instructions.

Also, download 7zip if you haven't already. http://www.7-zip.org/

f16falcon
08-24-12, 10:33 AM
C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific

A Hidden Soul
08-24-12, 10:33 AM
Lol thanks man..ok:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft

:)

Ok awesome. I'm assuming Sh4 comes after clicking on Ubisoft, correct?

Next question, do you have v1.4 or v1.5?

f16falcon
08-24-12, 10:34 AM
Yep as above..err version how do i check that? sorry...really glad of the help :)

f16falcon
08-24-12, 10:37 AM
I think it says i have patch 1.3??

A Hidden Soul
08-24-12, 10:38 AM
Yep as above..err version how do i check that? sorry...really glad of the help :)
OK, load your game and at the main menu of your game look at the bottom right. Hopefully it says v1.5 or v1.4. After that just exit/close your game.

f16falcon
08-24-12, 10:42 AM
OK yep just checked and its version 1.3..im downloading 1.4 now :)

A Hidden Soul
08-24-12, 10:46 AM
Im just downloading 1.4 now :)
Excellent! Try and get v1.5 if you can. I believe it costs like 8 bucks or so.

Anyway v1.4 we can work with however.

Assuming you have JSGME and 7zip downloaded we're going to begin the steps.

1) Go to downloads find JSGME then right click and select "cut"
2) Now go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific. Once you're there right click and paste in your sh4 folder.
3) Double click JSGME, it should ask something about a folder called MODS. Select OK and hopefully the MODS folder is also in your sh4 folder. Now close JSGME.

Now you're ready to install and play with mods.

I will continue after you're done with these steps.

f16falcon
08-24-12, 10:55 AM
OK cut JGSME and pasted into SH4 folder...opened JGSME but ist blank? it does have a MODS folder in there??

f16falcon
08-24-12, 10:58 AM
Right appears to have worked i now have version 1.4 :) but theres nothing in the mods folder in JGSME?

A Hidden Soul
08-24-12, 11:03 AM
Right appears to have worked i now have version 1.4 :)
It should be blank you don't have any mods installed yet. I'm searching for TMO that's compatible for v1.4 right now.

f16falcon
08-24-12, 11:04 AM
dood thanks so much for this!

A Hidden Soul
08-24-12, 11:17 AM
dood thanks so much for this!
Not a problem. I've found the correct version of TMO for v1.4 but can't find a link that's not dead. Please give me a little time to find a working link.

f16falcon
08-24-12, 11:18 AM
Not a problem. I've found the correct version of TMO for v1.4 but can't find a link that's not dead. Please give me a little time to find a working link.

Awesome..thanks mate, i have found a link for V1.5 tried to install it but it says inavalid directory? hmm

A Hidden Soul
08-24-12, 11:25 AM
Awesome..thanks mate, i have found a link for V1.5 tried to install it but it says inavalid directory? hmm
I wouldn't trust it because you have to buy U-boat missions for the game to update to v1.5. If you got the money, this would save both of us some time.

f16falcon
08-24-12, 11:32 AM
I dont mind purchasing it thats no probs...

A Hidden Soul
08-24-12, 11:37 AM
I dont mind purchasing it thats no probs...

Excellent, you won't regret it. 90% mods now days are for v1.5 of the game.

You can buy it here. http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_US/pd/productID.180195500/sac.true

I think that's for online download after purchasing it...if not let me know. If it is then download it.

f16falcon
08-24-12, 11:43 AM
nice one is it the missons one i need?

A Hidden Soul
08-24-12, 11:44 AM
nice one is it the missons one i need?
U-boat missions is needed to upgrade the game to v1.5. It's basically the 1.5 update.

Also I suggest ordering a backup disk encase something happens. You'll see that option in your shopping cart.

f16falcon
08-24-12, 11:47 AM
OK ive decide to do a fresh install of SH4 then i will install 1.4 Patch then the missions..that should do it? )

A Hidden Soul
08-24-12, 11:48 AM
OK ive decide to do a fresh install of SH4 then i will install 1.4 Patch then the missions..that should do it? )
If you have v1.4 already just install/download U-boat missions and it will automatically update to v1.5

Once that's done you're ready to download some awesome mods.

f16falcon
08-24-12, 11:49 AM
Cool! really looking forward to it...what mods would you recommend?

A Hidden Soul
08-24-12, 11:59 AM
Cool! really looking forward to it...what mods would you recommend?

I'm going to set you up with TMO first. This way you will know how to download and add mods yourself. So if you don't like TMO you can always disable it and install/enable another mod(s).

DO THIS AFTER U-BOAT MISSIONS IS INSTALLED!!!!

Requirements: 7zip (You should already have this downloaded.)

1) Download TMO 2.5 http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=3001
2) Go to your downloads and you should see TMO as a blank white icon. Right click it and select 7-zip>extract here
3) You should see a folder now that says TMO that you can open and view it. If you can good work so far.
4) Cut the TMO folder. Go to your sh4 folder and paste it in your MODS folder.

I will continue after you do those steps.

f16falcon
08-24-12, 12:00 PM
Just installing the missions now :)

A Hidden Soul
08-24-12, 12:03 PM
Just installing the missions now :)
Good, again do this after it's installed.

DO THIS AFTER U-BOAT MISSIONS IS INSTALLED!!!!

Requirements: 7zip (You should already have this downloaded.)

1) Download TMO 2.5 http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=3001 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=3001)
2) Go to your downloads and you should see TMO as a blank white icon. Right click it and select 7-zip>extract here
3) You should see a folder now that says TMO that you can open and view it. If you can good work so far.
4) Cut the TMO folder. Go to your sh4 folder and paste it in your MODS folder.

I will continue after you do those steps.

f16falcon
08-24-12, 12:07 PM
OK will do :) thx Hidden Soul!

A Hidden Soul
08-24-12, 12:16 PM
OK will do :) thx Hidden Soul!
Not a problem.:up: Let me know when you're done with those steps.

f16falcon
08-24-12, 12:49 PM
OK all downloaded and installed Soul...:) ready for next step...

A Hidden Soul
08-24-12, 01:00 PM
OK all downloaded and installed Soul...:) ready for next step...
Sorry for the wait. Being chased by destroyers!:timeout:

Okay now you got that done. Open your TMO file it should show Data and Documentation. Click on the Documentation one.

Now click optional_mods

*Note* These are optional just like they say. You do not have to use them but I use some of them. For your sakes I'll guide you to use the ones I do.

Cut and paste each file into your MODS folder.

TMO_Sample_Emblem
TMO_SubTextures_FooSkin
TMO_Alternate_JS_Radar_Performance

Once you do all of that. Close everything and open up JSGME on your desktop (It should be there) and you should see those mods you installed there.

It doesn't really matter which you enable first after you enable 1_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5

Enable that one first. Then enable the rest.

Once that's complete run U-boat missions and you're all set to go!

Now remember to follow these steps when enabling other mods. There's a **** load of mods for SH4 so make sure you always read the readme file first after downloading and extracting the file onto your MODS folder. If you have any other questions. Feel free to PM me. If the above doesn't work we'll troubleshoot until it does work.

f16falcon
08-24-12, 02:10 PM
OK mate done most of it however when i try to add the three you listed it says folder has already been added? Should i have added the Trigger Overhaul 2.5? or just those three you mention :)

In fact when i add any of them it says the same thing folder already there?? I did put the folder in the MODS folder so maybe thats it??

A Hidden Soul
08-24-12, 03:20 PM
OK mate done most of it however when i try to add the three you listed it says folder has already been added? Should i have added the Trigger Overhaul 2.5? or just those three you mention :)

In fact when i add any of them it says the same thing folder already there?? I did put the folder in the MODS folder so maybe thats it??

Is it asking you to overwrite files? If it is press yes or whatever the option is.

Enable Trigger Overhaul first.

Then the others.

f16falcon
08-24-12, 03:23 PM
Yep it gives the option to overwrite..shall i go with yes?

A Hidden Soul
08-24-12, 03:32 PM
Yep it gives the option to overwrite..shall i go with yes?
That's correct. Yes to all when it asks.

Also, you interested into modern submarines? Like the Ohio-Class, Seawolf, Los Angeles, Typhoon, etc? Looks like you're from Europe so you might like the Le Terrible class.

f16falcon
08-24-12, 03:34 PM
Awesome will do man...can thank you enough for all your help, ive been away after a long abscence and its great to be back..thanks for all your patience!!! really really appreciate it!

Yes i love all kinds of Submarines...always fascinated me :)

A Hidden Soul
08-24-12, 03:39 PM
Awesome will do man...can thank you enough for all your help, ive been away after a long abscence and its great to be back..thanks for all your patience!!! really really appreciate it!

Yes i love all kinds of Submarines...always fascinated me :)

Not a problem. I enjoy helping others!:yeah:

If you're interested in those modern submarines just PM me. You do everything you did with the TMO mod. Accept you don't have to enable it if you don't want to. I suggest you only enable one modern submarine. When you're done with it, disable it and then enable another. Far as I know they all work with the TMO mod so you don't have to disable those.

Speaking of the Ohio. The forum you made this topic in. There's one at the top that's pictures and videos. Check out my post of my two I posted. Pretty sweet pics!

If you have any questions, feel free to make another topic or PM me.

f16falcon
08-24-12, 04:04 PM
Superb..yeah defo interested i will take a look at the pics..and will PM you. Thanks again man for all your help :) Good Hunting!!

A Hidden Soul
08-24-12, 04:26 PM
Superb..yeah defo interested i will take a look at the pics..and will PM you. Thanks again man for all your help :) Good Hunting!!

Your welcome!

Sounds good I'll gather them up later tonight if you PM me by then. Happy hunting to you sailor.:salute:

f16falcon
08-25-12, 10:31 AM
Sorted mate will email you later tonight :) Loving SH4 now! :)