PDA

View Full Version : Screenshot Competitions.

Armistead
08-06-12, 11:41 PM
I have talked to Neal about holding a monthly SS competition and he is open to the idea, even stated he may be able to offer prize packages.

Most of you are aware of the SS competition we've had for years at the Ubisoft forum, but due to the many unfriendly forum changes, most members have moved here. I think this will be a much better place due to the amount of members here. I think the first step should be an open discussion, so I'll float a few ideas and opinions. Do we want both an edited and unedited competition? Edited is anything goes, unedited allows no altering of SS's outside of the game except to brighten night shots.

A moderator or person allowed will start a sticky thread "Screenshot Competition -month" or something to that effect for each month.

The basic rules we used

"Post your entries 1st to 24th of each month. Then 25th to end of month the same thread changes for voting.

- Max 4 entries.
- No dials. Press ***732;Del' / ***732;.' on your number pad to remove dials before you take your screenshot. Press this key again to replace dials.
- Be sure you are posting in the correct comp"***8221;unedited comp for standard shots, edited comp for those you have made changes to after taking it.
- 800x600 max size, widescreen users ensure max width of 1024 pixels.

Then what?

Wait for the 24th when voting starts and see how you get on! Anyone can vote, even if you didn't enter. Cast two votes:

1st vote awards 3 points
2nd vote awards 1 point

No voting for yourself (!) Please state who and for which screenshot you are voting for "

In the past at Ubi a forum moderator hosted the competition, lacking moderators, we had two members take turns hosting. Basically what you do is pick your best SS's and send them to the SS host via a private message. The host then post each shot submitted anonymously, voting takes place, then host declares the winner.

Neal said he would do his part. It would probably be best if we had a forum moderator"s" to host, but we need may need non moderators to host, so if you have the time, willing to do it in a timely fashion or have experience, please throw your name out here.

We made signatures for the winners, if you're willing to do sigs, please state so...Wernher..cough cough...

Let's open the discussion, any opinion, any debate on the rules, let's do it now. Once we decide the direction, any possible rule changes, etc...we can have a moderator write it up and get this thing going....

captgeo
08-07-12, 08:06 AM
I would support this SS contest.........and hello to my old friends .....:up:

fireftr18
08-07-12, 10:07 AM
mmmm, screenshots.:up:

merc4ulfate
08-12-12, 03:50 PM
Will this be a strictly unedited SS version? I think the idea is very nice

:ahoy:

Caustic
08-12-12, 06:54 PM
Go for it, gives everyone more incentive to make SH4 more epic and realistic.

Armistead
08-12-12, 07:45 PM
I think to get the ball rolling it would be best to start with an unedited competition for the first month and see how it goes. Hopefully I can start it the upcoming month, so any other opinions, rule discussion, etc.., let's do it now.

To get it started I may have to play host, but hope someone else will step up. If you're interested in hosting, please say so or PM me to discuss it.

cdrsubron7
08-13-12, 06:01 PM
We made signatures for the winners, if you're willing to do sigs, please state so...Wernher..cough cough...

I'd be more than willing to help out with any sigs that might be required, Armistead. :yeah::Kaleun_Salute: