PDA

View Full Version : SH IV Newbie- best SHIV mod IYO

ksbearski
08-05-12, 11:09 AM
Hello, I'm new to subsim, have lurked awhile, now posting this informal poll.

I enjoyed an SH 3 campaign using the Greywolves mod, want to solicit some recommendations for a mega mod for SH IV...

Thanks ahead of time for all opinions given.

ksbearski

Hylander_1314
08-05-12, 12:56 PM
Well, there's 5 mega mods out now as it is, and a couple add ons that go over the top of them for game improvement, and or historical gameplay.

If you have an idea for a megamod, go for it! Make it what you think it should be, since that is what mods usually do. They emulate what the author thinks it should have been like.

sharkbit
08-06-12, 12:59 PM
Welcome aboard! :salute:

All of the super-mods have their own flavor. You'll just have to sample them yourself and decide which one you like best. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

I've played both TMO and RFB(Both with RSRD campaign mod) and both are excellent, although I lean more toward TMO. Ducimus(the creator of TMO) designed his mod to push you toward acting like a real submarine captain would. Some items might not be strictly "realistic" but they may make you, as sub commander, behave in a "realistic" matter, if that makes sense.

:)

Shredd27
08-06-12, 01:45 PM
Welcome aboard ksbearski! :salute: You've found a group of very cool and helpful sibsimmers here. I recently installed and modded my copy of SH4 myself and due to the help I received here I'm now happily putting my share of Japanese ships on the bottom.

Unfortunately I've yet to secure a copy of the 1.5 add-on, so I don't have the latest versions of the mods that are available. As much as I'm already enjoying SH4 now, I can only imagine how much better it'll be when I do have the latest version of everything running. At the moment I'm very much a fan of the TMO mega mod. That in conjunction with the "Real Environments" mod, Websters Sound mod and the NMMO mod have made my SH4 experience extremely enjoyable.

Good luck and enjoy! :up:

Webster
08-06-12, 02:45 PM
lots of people do multi installs (copies) so they leave the mods they like installed on that version.

so you open the ubisoft folder and then make duplicate copies and rename them differently and then create seperately created exe shortcuts for each one along with each versions jsgme utility so you can play and mod each one as you wish.

example names:

sh4 stock
sh4 gfo
sh4 tmo
sh4 rfb
sh4 fotrs

each one has the main mods installed along with any small mods you like then you just play the version you like when you like, at some point you will find which ones you like best and play the most.

i think ALL the big mods have something great to offer but its like choosing a date, only you know what tickles your fancy so our opinions arent worth much

ksbearski
09-16-12, 10:40 PM
Thanks, everyone, for all the replies....I think I'll just "dive" in!

ksbearski:cool:

Armistead
09-17-12, 12:20 PM
sh4 stock
sh4 gfo
sh4 tmo
sh4 rfb
sh4 fotrs

i think ALL the big mods have something great to offer but its like choosing a date, only you know what tickles your fancy so our opinions arent worth much

Yea, if you like girls that are physically beautiful, but turn out to be bitches that make your life miserable, you'll like TMO.