PDA

View Full Version : Serious problem - fog

LFC908
08-01-12, 04:46 AM
In every single enemy port, there is a fog so thick that I have to get within 200 yards to see the ship. It's ridiculous. Has anyone else had this problem? Imagine every single enemy port in existence on the game has a ridiculous amount of fog. I also seem to get a lot of fog out at sea too...

Hylander_1314
08-01-12, 09:14 PM
Kinda depends.

Not seeing it all the time, nor in every port, but what version of the game are you playing, and what mods do you use if any would help.

Webster
08-02-12, 02:20 PM
fog as well as rain are way too thick and arent transparent as they should be

LFC908
08-02-12, 04:18 PM
Thanks for the replies! I'm running the real environments mod/texture pack. The strange thing is though, I've had this texture pack from the start and it's only become a problem on recently so I'm guessing it isn't that.

Yeah I agree! the fog is never light, it's either full on or not at all...

merc4ulfate
08-03-12, 04:07 PM
I tried it and hated the "way to much fog" effect so I scraped it

LCQ_SH
08-05-12, 12:42 AM
I had that trouble too.......and the cause was that I was using an incorrect weather mod. If you are using TMO you should use the latest version of the environmental mod which you can find in the mod sections.:rock:

Webster
08-05-12, 11:34 AM
i did a smaller rain mod that corrects the rain and there is a lite fog mod to fix the fog

i have a lite-fog version that was combined with my clearer underwater views mod

it can be found here: http://www.gamefront.com/files/user/keakar

LFC908
08-07-12, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the replies, I've sorted it! I was running Improved stock environment not real environment but like an idiot I hadn't enabled it through the mod enabler, I just replaced the data files in my main directory. So I uninstalled SH4 and then reinstalled it, put both Real environments first and then Improved stock environments through the mod enabler and found it was the latter that was causing so many problems. I have since disabled it and I'm now actually enjoying the game again!

Shredd27
08-07-12, 04:16 PM
I've obviously been having my issues with fog as well. But during the start of my third patrol I pulled into an enemy harbor that was socked in,.. so I waited and sure enough it cleared up in the early evening. And when it did my first tanker of the patrol was going down! :arrgh!:

Webster,... can that be applied over Real Environments?

Shredd27
08-09-12, 01:54 PM
Well,. at first I was using the Real Environments mod. Patrol after patrol I began to see what LFC908 was complaining about. Everywhere I went was socked in but it didn't matter whether or not I was at a harbor. Open sea, a bay area, raiding a harbor,.. FOG! So I switched to ISE,.. problem solved! Last patrol I encountered not one patch of fog and life is good again. :rock: