PDA

View Full Version : U-Boat Mission Key

Segwin
07-31-12, 06:18 AM
I went to install SH4, with the U-Boat Mission addon, on a different computer but I'm stuck at validating the key for the U-boat addon.

Many years ago I downloaded the U-Boat mission from Direct-2-Drive (I see that Gamefly has purchased D2D). When I enter my key I get the message that the key failed for "unknown reason". It does recognize an invalid key however and will give the reason as "wrong or invalid key" so the online checking sees that it is a valid key but won't authorize. It would appear that the online checking is done by Ubisoft and not D2D though. I left a message for Ubisoft but no one has responded.

Anyone left at Ubisoft? :/\\!!

Webster
07-31-12, 11:51 AM
now you will have to do what you should have done the first time and buy the game on disk.

this is why i never buy download games, keys always stop working or refuse to be honored and you get the run-a-round because nobody accepts responsability for it if it doesnt work.

good thing is you can find sh4 gold with ubm ad-on for $10 now days

try to buy it thru the subsim store so it helps support this website.

Segwin
07-31-12, 05:44 PM
now you will have to do what you should have done the first time and buy the game on disk.

Yep.

try to buy it thru the subsim store so it helps support this website.

I'll do that now, thanks (it burns me up however to pay twice).

On a side note I still haven't heard back from Ubisoft support.

EDIT: Went to the store here and both links are for download only. Both links are broken and one still points to direct2drive. Oy vey.

Webster
07-31-12, 10:47 PM
oh well, google it then

i mostly find best deals at amazon

Segwin
08-01-12, 06:00 AM
oh well, google it then

i mostly find best deals at amazon

I did - 9.99 + 3.00 shipping for the gold dvd at Amazon.