PDA

View Full Version : Cannot load tubes!

J0HN
07-30-12, 08:05 AM
Hello all recently a completely new problem appeared to annoy me.In campaign mode,when I fire a torpedoe,my crew for some reason will not reload it.Sometimes they don't even fire the torpedo.They say they can't calculate neccesary calculations or something like that.Help if possible it's very annoying!

fireftr18
07-30-12, 09:34 AM
Not loading, check to make sure you have automatic loading turned on. It is in the same tab as crew management.
Not firing, I've had the same thing with using auto targeting. I don't know what happens either, but I do notice it is when there is limited visibility and you can't really get a lock on the target ship. It seems to be inconsistent.

Webster
07-30-12, 11:36 AM
also if left on battlestations too long they will not perform thier duties, this includes shift changes, sleeping on duty, engines shutting down, no repairs made, torpedos not reloaded, or things like that.

when in silent running mode you wont have repairs made or torpedos reloaded

Rockin Robbins
07-30-12, 02:52 PM
Several things might be going on here.

Make sure auto reloads are on.
When you fire torpedoes and auto reloads is on, if you are silent running the crew will not reload tubes. Silent Running must be off to reload.
If you are at battlestations long enough the crew will be too tired out to do anything, including fire and reload tubes.

That's about it for the tube reloading problem.

Your other problem, "not enough information for solution" is something completely different. First of all, you will only get this warning if you are set for manual targeting. That being said, there are three packages of information the TDC needs to to send it before it will fire:

Range and bearing to target. This is sent together and you might not even know that you are sending two pieces of info there!
Speed of target
AoB, which is a translation of the course of the target.

Then you need to select an appropriate torpedo tube. Because the torpedoes are only finitely steerable, they can only have gyro angles between zero and I believe 105º, otherwise you'll get the hated message above. It is of no help in determining what the problem is.

Just look at the plot. If your selected torpedo has to turn more than slightly more than 90º it can refuse to do so. The solution is to merely choose a torpedo from the other end of the boat and fire.

twm47099
07-30-12, 05:44 PM
Your other problem, "not enough information for solution" is something completely different. First of all, you will only get this warning if you are set for manual targeting. That being said, there are three packages of information the TDC needs to to send it before it will fire:

Range and bearing to target. This is sent together and you might not even know that you are sending two pieces of info there!
Speed of target
AoB, which is a translation of the course of the target.

Then you need to select an appropriate torpedo tube. Because the torpedoes are only finitely steerable, they can only have gyro angles between zero and I believe 105º, otherwise you'll get the hated message above. It is of no help in determining what the problem is.

Just look at the plot. If your selected torpedo has to turn more than slightly more than 90º it can refuse to do so. The solution is to merely choose a torpedo from the other end of the boat and fire.

I've gotten that message (or something very much like it) when using auto targeting and the weather is foggy/rainy. Pressing "L" does not lock the target until range is very short, even though I can make out the blobs of the ships from the periscope, and I can plot position, course & range, from passive TMA. But I cannot enter the info into the TDC. Also I cannot even lock a zero gyro angle into the TDC. Sometimes if I have previously shot at a locked target, (and forget to turn off the PK) the previous data remains in the TDC and the attack map may show an "over the shoulder" trajectory.

So I started using manual targeting, and if I have the wrong tubes selected as RR noted, I'll get the message, but at least I can manually enter the data needed to shoot.

Tom

Rockin Robbins
08-01-12, 11:45 AM
I've gotten that message (or something very much like it) when using auto targeting and the weather is foggy/rainy. Pressing "L" does not lock the target until range is very short, even though I can make out the blobs of the ships from the periscope, and I can plot position, course & range, from passive TMA. But I cannot enter the info into the TDC. Also I cannot even lock a zero gyro angle into the TDC. Sometimes if I have previously shot at a locked target, (and forget to turn off the PK) the previous data remains in the TDC and the attack map may show an "over the shoulder" trajectory.

So I started using manual targeting, and if I have the wrong tubes selected as RR noted, I'll get the message, but at least I can manually enter the data needed to shoot.

Tom

Very true. And you will get the message on auto targeting if you've selected a torpedo on the wrong end of the boat.